Get that Leisure Suit Out-

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
The Rumer album "Boys Don't Cry" is a giant chunk of 70's nostalgia. She reminds me of Karen Carpenter. Granted, this not will be to everyone's taste, and no it is not a pure analog transfer, but it is a nice piece of new vinyl by an artist that can sing. If you like that era, you will dig it, baby! (As I listen to an old Electra pressing of Bread. :)

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
She was highly recommended to me by a friend who is a veteran music writer. He doesn't often do this so she must be talented.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The Rumer album "Boys Don't Cry" is a giant chunk of 70's nostalgia. She reminds me of Karen Carpenter. Granted, this not will be to everyone's taste, and no it is not a pure analog transfer, but it is a nice piece of new vinyl by an artist that can sing. If you like that era, you will dig it, baby! (As I listen to an old Electra pressing of Bread. :)

Hey, easy on Bread. I still like them.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I have her on HD. Where'd you score the LP Mark? Love her take on Hall's Sara Smile.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I have her on HD. Where'd you score the LP Mark? Love her take on Hall's Sara Smile.

Jack- I think that album came from Amazon. They are now double boxing records, and it arrived in excellent condition. But it is a standard issue piece of vinyl should be gettable anywhere online. (I agree on the Hall & Oates cover- I doubt I could listen to them do that song, but hers is very nice).

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Bill, I'll look and add it on my shopping cart. She really does remind me of Karen Carpenter too. Love Rumer's voice.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Jack-I was talking about the Best of Bread LP which is great sounding. David Gates is a very good song writer and all of the musicians of Bread were damn good studio musicians before they joined together and formed Bread. They actually have some songs that rock. Check out "Let Your Love Go" or "Guitar Man." Bread is basically a pop band that wrote some really catchy tunes and they were well-recorded.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
David Gates had a gorgeous voice.

I agree. If I was king of the recording world, any *singer* who couldn't actually sing and had to have their voice run through an auto-tune machine would be thrown out of the recording studio because they wouldn't have any auto-tune machines for no-talent manufactured pop singers which the world is full of right now.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I agree. If I was king of the recording world, any *singer* who couldn't actually sing and had to have their voice run through an auto-tune machine would be thrown out of the recording studio because they wouldn't have any auto-tune machines for no-talent manufactured pop singers which the world is full of right now.

I decided it was probably in my best interest not to publicly reply to this message. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing