Metro DC
And

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
zen_on_flickr_rotary_phone.jpg
Finally
Edit: Those of you who are to to young to know the Beatles and what a rotary telephone dial is.

Last edited:

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Thanks, gregadd. Plenty more shows to come to demo great music in.

After 10 years doing CES, I'm done with conforming and bringing "audiophile standards". This year, we played none of the usual chestnuts, and as a result enjoyed ourselves far more, and I think that many visitors also enjoyed themselves. It's just a straw poll, but I thought that a greater number of visitors sat through either a whole track, or multiple tracks instead of sitting down (or worse, standing up) and hearing a fraction of a song.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Gary wish I had thought of it earlier

I need to revisit this as I wasn't taken with it the few times I played it. I have the CTI-40th Anniversary 180g using the original two-track analog tapes. I really want to like it as I'm a George Benson fan.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I need to revisit this as I wasn't taken with it the few times I played it. I have the CTI-40th Anniversary 180g using the original two-track analog tapes. I really want to like it as I'm a George Benson fan.

I do think it is a difficult test for a system. It was usually in my bag whn evaluating stereo equipment. As usual musical content is a matter of taste.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Thanks, gregadd. Plenty more shows to come to demo great music in.

After 10 years doing CES, I'm done with conforming and bringing "audiophile standards". This year, we played none of the usual chestnuts, and as a result enjoyed ourselves far more, and I think that many visitors also enjoyed themselves. It's just a straw poll, but I thought that a greater number of visitors sat through either a whole track, or multiple tracks instead of sitting down (or worse, standing up) and hearing a fraction of a song.

We were trained to listen like audio reviewers. My neice enjoyed my stereo but she tells me I need new music.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
We were trained to listen like audio reviewers. My neice enjoyed my stereo but she tells me I need new music.

Yes, that is quite unfortunate. Before coming over to the US and running Genesis, I never did that - I listened to music I enjoyed instead of listening AT the music. Then, I lost my way a bit, and in the past few years or more, I'm back to listening to music.

If you of all people here need new music.... I despair at the world of audiophiles.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Another system tester. A prison work song. A chain gang. liisten for the dog barking in the distance. It gives me chills.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
gnsis.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing