GAIA feet for S5mkii? Diameter?

Bartolo

Jan 31, 2019
So many people I know like the GAIA feet that I'm going to try them on my S5mkii's.

Any reports here? Which ones did you purchase? And does anyone know the right diameter to get them?

(It looks like M12 (12mm) is it but I want to be sure).

GAIA I's are suited for up to 100kg and that's the stated weight per Magico. The (newer?) GAIA Titans in their smallest size seem suitable too, but I'd have to order them with M12 shafts as they come stock with M8 and M14.

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
So many people I know like the GAIA feet that I'm going to try them on my S5mkii's.

Any reports here? Which ones did you purchase? And does anyone know the right diameter to get them?

GAIA I's are suited for up to 100kg and that's the stated weight per Magico. The (newer?) GAIA Titans in their smallest size seem suitable too, but I'd have to order them with M12 shafts as they come stock with M8 and M14.

Did you consider SPODS ?
I had the chance to examine GAIA (they are absolutely great on Focal and Willson loudspeakers) and SPODS, I preferred the latter for my S3MK2 - my floor is ceramic tiles on concrete.

Reactions: Bartolo

Bartolo

Jan 31, 2019
Did you consider SPODS ?
I had the chance to examine GAIA (they are absolutely great on Focal and Willson loudspeakers) and SPODS, I preferred the latter for my S3MK2 - my floor is ceramic tiles on concrete.
If my maths are right, 6 SPODS are a little over $19,000

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
I use Gaia Is under my Avantgarde Duo XD speakers that weigh 100 Kg. IsoAcoustic are always prepared to supply other threads not supplied in the box. They made "specials" for me after I bought Martin Logan speakers that require an extra long thread. Now a standard option.

jeffreybehr

Dec 16, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona USA
www.flickr.com

Bartolo, do be aware that the original thread in the top of the Gaia-I is M12-1.25, and that, of course, is the thread on the bottom half of all the stud-adapters. I'm currently adaping Gaia-Is to my Vandersteen Seven Mk.IIs which have 9/16-18 spikes, so I'm having to drill and tap that 12M-1.25 hole in my spike-bars. The box of 4 Gaia-Is includes a quad of straight, all-12mm, studs, so if your S5IIs have 12mm-1.25 holes in them, no adapting is necessary, just screw the studs into the Gaias and screw that assembly into the bottom of the speakers.
2023Jul30_DSC0611_Double Gaias with 12mm stud_1500w.jpg

Last edited:

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
If my maths are right, 6 SPODS are a little over $19,000
Forgive me if I’m wrong, you’re looking to replace your Magico S5mk2 spikes, if so, then you Only need 8 units, not 12.

the cost of those 8 units of spods Used to be around 3250 usd. It’s one box if I recall.

what’s your floor made of ?

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
Gaia I feet under 100 Kg Avantgarde Duo XD speakers. A bit of a fiddle to remove the rather fancy spikes supplied and to fit the Gaias to the male threads of the AG's height adjusters, but a simple 8-12 bush did the job.

Significant improvement in bass detail and clarity. Flooring is solid timber boards on screed on concrete.

20211005_175002.jpg

Last edited:

Bartolo

Jan 31, 2019
Forgive me if I’m wrong, you’re looking to replace your Magico S5mk2 spikes, if so, then you Only need 8 units, not 12.

the cost of those 8 units of spods Used to be around 3250 usd. It’s one box if I recall.

what’s your floor made of ?
Correct....8 feet total. The floor is white oak hardwood flooring. Right now I'm using the Magico spikes on the aluminum (?) cups.

3250 for a box of 8 sounds a lot better than 3250 x 8! No where did I see that that price is for a box of 8...but I believe you :D

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
You are spending money, go Spod, not GAIA. If you really want to go GAIA, you need to choose the Titan series. If you buy GAIA1, it's useless when the speakers are over 100kg, they will be compressed.

Bartolo

Jan 31, 2019
The nice folks at IsoAcoustics reported that the S5Mkii feet are ½”-13 thread size.

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
Correct....8 feet total. The floor is white oak hardwood flooring. Right now I'm using the Magico spikes on the aluminum (?) cups.
3250 for a box of 8 sounds a lot better than 3250 x 8! No where did I see that that price is for a box of 8...but I believe you :D
IMG_3480.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3656.jpeg
    IMG_3656.jpeg
    575.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
The gaia footers come with several threads sizes included and as above, you can always call them for your particular speaker.

Bartolo

Jan 31, 2019
IsoAcoustics would have to supply the proper bolts but they'd be happy to do so.

I ended up ordering the SPODS from Goodwins.

Reactions: Protegimus and TDX

Protegimus

May 6, 2023
IsoAcoustics would have to supply the proper bolts but they'd be happy to do so.

I ended up ordering the SPODS from Goodwins.
How did the SPods work for you?

NekoAudio

Oct 28, 2023
San Jose, California
www.nekoaudio.com
How did the SPods work for you?
One of my clients started with the standard S3 MkII spiked feet on his hardwood floor, and then upgraded to the SPODs. One important thing was to make sure the nuts were screwed on tight, using a wrench and not just loose or just loosely tightened. Once properly installed, the bass extended lower and was tighter with greater clarity. The midrange also improved. The difference was pretty immediately noticeable.

Reactions: Protegimus

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing