From Brasil, a small room.

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
I began 14 years ago, and now I have a room with 23m.

Speaker- Tidal piano diacera
Amplifier- Audiopax maggiore M100
Preamplifier- Audiopax M5 SE
Source- Esoteric x01 -D2
Power cables- Shunyata king cobra cx to power, JPS aluminta to source, BMI hmmerhead mk2 to preamplifier
Speaker cable- Schnerzinger custom made
Interconecters- Synergistic Research apex tesla.
Energy filter- Runing spring audio

ameu.jpg

View attachment 8535

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I really like what you've put together. I wonder what you could tell us about the sound with the odd shape of your room. What did you have to overcome?

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
The room has one side that is a half dome, but I never had problems with soundstage, the problem was with low frequency, initially I used foam bass trap ,but it did not work, so I decided to build a triangular bass trap with rock wool, and put in the back corners, another problem is the wall behind the speakers, it is made of glass, so I used a curtain, and added three absorbers, each one with two layers of air and two layers of rock wool, they are behind the eletronics and speakers, the ceiling has difusors, and a foam layer. I have no problem with low frequency now, this was made without any measures.

ac1.jpg

ac4.jpg

ac5.jpg

This is my friend Holbein Menezes, more than 50 years of audiophilia.
ac.jpg

Thanks a lot

G

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
What a beautiful room. Thanks for sharing and welcome to WBF.

prerich

May 21, 2012
This is a wonderful room! I love the Tidal speakers, I fell in love with them at Axpona 2012, this was one of the rooms that I didn't want to leave! Great job!!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing