Forte 1A info

AccidentalHiFier

Aug 20, 2019
I just inherited a Forte 1A. It's in very good condition.
Other than it being class A and 50 wpc, I cannot find any specs, manuals or reviews.

Does anyone know if it doubles to 100 wpc at 4 ohms?
Power consumption when at idle?

Thanks.
Stay safe and happy listening everyone!

Germanboxers

Dec 14, 2015
I owned the 1A back in early 1990’s. My memory is that it did not double to 100wpc at 4 ohms (maybe 80w into 4 ohms) and I have no idea what its power consumption at idle was. It was a very sweet amp for the money, though. Enjoy...it’s a fine amp with the right speakers.

AccidentalHiFier

Aug 20, 2019
Thanks for the info!
And yes, it is a deceptively nice sounding amp.

I have been using it in my bedroom system for about a week.
The LS50s in there sounded the best with the Forte. Noticeably better than 3 other upper mid fi SS class AB amps which were double and triple the wattage.

Will probably end up swapping it in my listening room system for something fun to do during the heavy snow storm tomorrow.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing