For Those Astrophysicists Among Us

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Well i dont know off course , it just boggles me that the whole milky way is rotating around a black hole that has " only " 4 million solar masses .
The biggest star in the milky way (known) is 1 billion solarmasses .
The answer must be that there is a lot of heavy dark matter in the center otherwise it makes no sense

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well i dont know off course , it just boggles me that the whole milky way is rotating around a black hole that has " only " 4 million solar masses .
The biggest star in the milky way (known) is 1 billion solarmasses .
The answer must be that there is a lot of heavy dark matter in the center otherwise it makes no sense

There's dark matter everywhere

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Yes, prominent theories have all visible matter in the universe live within dark matter - which is therefore everywhere, plus defines the boundaries of space. They also claim that gravity is an attribute of dark matter, and without it nothing would stick to anything, and no light would be able to travel. Many open questions exist, like obviously what is dark matter, but also more importantly who's feeding dark matter into the universe to explain the accelerating nature of it, and how does it "push" the limits of space. Fascinating questions.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Yeap, I will take another trip to Silicon Valley some day...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing