For Those Astrophysicists Among Us

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That flew so high over my head it wasn't funny.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
You should watch "The Big Bang Theory".

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
You should read A Universe From Nothing by Lawrence M Krauss

If you remember The Cosmos from years ago with Carl Sagan this book takes you even further. A great read but definitely not fully understood by me. Nonetheless definitely worth a look.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Perhaps for other intelligences of the vast unknown universe our galaxy is a giant black hole?
...Invisibly transparent from their own dimensional field of vision...

Hey, just sayin'. :b

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Interesting , we simply dont know , maybe the matter what goes into a blackhole is spat out into another big bang.

I like the dvds : how the universe works (discovery channel) and stephen hawkings dvd a lot .
Maybe the finding of the higgs (explaining matter ) and other findings of unknown particles with the lhc will bring insight

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Perhaps for other intelligences of the vast unknown universe our galaxy is a giant black hole?

One of the cosmology theories (on which I read up a lot) is the so-called bubble universes, where ours might be expanding within a bubble of another super-universe, which may be popping up such bubbles here and there... And the complexity goes up from there...

Steve Williams

One of the cosmology theories (on which I read up a lot) is the so-called bubble universes, where ours might be expanding within a bubble of another super-universe, which may be popping up such bubbles here and there... And the complexity goes up from there...

Peter

You must read A Universe From Nothing where that very theory is a part of quantum mechanics. He talks not of A universe but rather a metiverse

Orb

Sep 8, 2010

Or black holes connect back to before big bang event, so creating a paradox cycle of increasing amount of matter and universe growing :)
What I find interesting from a philosophical POV is that we look at the universe from the big bang event, and yet do not normally consider what laws of physics/nature initially existed or how they changed (such as the dimension/space time).

Although I am with the thought there are multiple big bangs and not one.
Cheers
Orb

Steve Williams

and yet do not normally consider what laws of physics/nature initially existed or how they changed (such as the dimension/space time).

Orb

are you suggesting that it is possible to know laws of physics/nature before the Big Bang

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Or black holes connect back to before big bang event, so creating a paradox cycle of increasing amount of matter and universe growing :)
What I find interesting from a philosophical POV is that we look at the universe from the big bang event, and yet do not normally consider what laws of physics/nature initially existed or how they changed (such as the dimension/space time).

Although I am with the thought there are multiple big bangs and not one.
Cheers
Orb

I believe that there is a coordinated relation between belief and science.

...A juxtaposition of events, past and future.

...A verisimilitude, a reciprocity, a synchronicity.

Last edited:

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Peter

You must read A Universe From Nothing where that very theory is a part of quantum mechanics. He talks not of A universe but rather a metiverse

Thanks Steve, will do... I assume you mean multi-verse... yeap, have a few books on that too. I've been into cosmology since I was 16.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Orb

are you suggesting that it is possible to know laws of physics/nature before the Big Bang

No but some may be determined, and that is why I find it interesting how some scientists like to present the single big bang theory to being everything we need to know about our universe.
I would need to dig it out but some current research may provide partial data of before big bang in such a circumstance, although processed results are still going to be quite awhile I would say.

But from a philosophical perspective, part of the discussion is can we ever predict laws of physics and nature before it exists in its current structure after the big bang/s, or before the events that triggered this.
All incredibly interesting, and in some ways just like proving God (not suggesting the two are linked) as it involves aspects we may never be able to measure/model - IMO one reason it is ignored when discussing the formation of the universe.
Cheers
Orb

Steve Williams

Thanks Steve, will do... I assume you mean multi-verse... yeap, have a few books on that too. I've been into cosmology since I was 16.

Definitely multiverse which is a concept so very difficult to comprehend.

Peter I have been into cosmology for about the same.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Steve,
just in case not aware the investigation into pre big bang environment is one of the projects at the Large Hadron Collider in Europe, it is not getting any press coverage due to all the news on the "god" particle work they are also doing.
But as I mentioned and it seems you feel the same way, what data can be captured is going to be limited, hopefully though will still very interesting.

I used to follow the multiverse concept since I was a kid, but these days I tend to be against it; specifically as there is no need for it IMO if one is strict to causality rules (deterministic) and no free will - everything that will happen has happened because since the birth of our universe nothing can be changed.
However I do think there are multiple dimensions (relating to aspects such as elecromagnetism but not just that) that are still not fully understood.
And as hinted in earlier post I feel the structure of our universe is more complex than previously predicted if considering what it looked like before our current 3d/space-time.
Cheers
Orb

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I'm having enough trouble figuring out how allamos din't sound alike.

Tim

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

I am interested, big time, to know more about your ideas, your findings, your own theories, and all that Bang! :b

* I have several ideas of my own, but they are sometimes so farfetched that I am afraid of disturbing some more down-to-earth minds. I am simply a thinker; but I love to talk with people who have an extremely wide open angle on all things 'life in the universe'.

And recently I've been doing a lot of thinking, and you came into the picture; because of exactly what I just emphasized in your quote above, dear Ack, Peter.
And Steve too, wow! ...My heart and mind are on a level of ultimate consciousness right now.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I just had some new insights/thoughts , thinking about the big bang , black holes , stars and what ever .
First the facts :
1 the black hole in the center of our galaxy has a mass of 4 milion solar masses .
2 the biggest star in the milky way is VY Canismajoris which is 1000 million times bigger than the sun at 4900 lightyears , assuming its mass is also at least 1000 million times larger (probably much and much more )

Conclusion : why are the stars in the milky way not circling around VY canis majoris as it is much more massive than the center black hole with much more gravity .
Was the center black hole maybe much heavier in the past and lost mass over time , and is it a universe creator as matter goes through the center black hole and dissapears

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing