Fisker Karma

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I was out for dinner last evening when I saw a car which I have never heard of parked in front of the restaurant. I t was a sleek nd sporty looking hybrid.

I was wondering if anyone knows more about this car.

From Wiki.......The Fisker Karma is a plug-in hybrid luxury sports sedan produced by Fisker Automotive and manufactured at Valmet Automotive in Finland.[5] The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rated the Karma's combined city/highway fuel economy at 52 mpg-US (4.5 L/100 km; 62 mpg-imp) equivalent (MPG-e) in all-electric mode, and at 20 mpg-US (12 L/100 km; 24 mpg-imp) in gasoline-only mode. EPA's official all-electric range is 32 mi (51 km).[3][6] Due to the very small cabin interior volume, the EPA rated the Fisker Karma as a subcompact.[7]
After missing its initial late 2009 launch, and after the launch was rescheduled several times, the first deliveries took place in the U.S. in late July 2011,[8][9][10] and deliveries to retail customers began in November 2011.[6] Since December 2011 pricing in the U.S. starts at US$102,000 for the basic model, and US$116,000 for the top model

http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/en-us

http://www.priceit.in/price-of-cars/2010-fisker-karma-price/

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Steve, a friend owns one. It's been a disaster so far, spending more time at the shop than on the road! I took a close look at it the other day, and was shocked by how cheaply made some of the parts and fittings are. Looks nice sitting in the garage though:rolleyes:.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Steve, a friend owns one. It's been a disaster so far, spending more time at the shop than on the road! I took a close look at it the other day, and was shocked by how cheaply made some of the parts and fittings are. Looks nice sitting in the garage though:rolleyes:.

+1 :(

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Hi Steve:

I just bought a Mitsubishi, and my dealer is also a Fisker dealer. They are very impressive,

They were designed by the gentlemen who designed the chassis for the recent Masaratti and
Aston Martin models. They drive beautifully and are quite popular with local pro athletes down here.

They are stunning to look at.

I was out for dinner last evening when I saw a car which I have never heard of parked in front of the restaurant. I t was a sleek nd sporty looking hybrid.

I was wondering if anyone knows more about this car.

From Wiki.......The Fisker Karma is a plug-in hybrid luxury sports sedan produced by Fisker Automotive and manufactured at Valmet Automotive in Finland.[5] The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rated the Karma's combined city/highway fuel economy at 52 mpg-US (4.5 L/100 km; 62 mpg-imp) equivalent (MPG-e) in all-electric mode, and at 20 mpg-US (12 L/100 km; 24 mpg-imp) in gasoline-only mode. EPA's official all-electric range is 32 mi (51 km).[3][6] Due to the very small cabin interior volume, the EPA rated the Fisker Karma as a subcompact.[7]
After missing its initial late 2009 launch, and after the launch was rescheduled several times, the first deliveries took place in the U.S. in late July 2011,[8][9][10] and deliveries to retail customers began in November 2011.[6] Since December 2011 pricing in the U.S. starts at US$102,000 for the basic model, and US$116,000 for the top model

http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/en-us

http://www.priceit.in/price-of-cars/2010-fisker-karma-price/

Nightlord

Dec 30, 2012
Sweden
It's the Danish 'supercar', right? Remember reading about it when it came out. Big on recycling materials.

Being Scanian, I'd rather have a Koenigsegg. :p

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Better make sure they don't use the same Lithium Ion batteries as the new 787!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
That car does have some real nice curves. I'd help to deplete the ozone with the ZR1 Vette engine myself but that's just me....

Tom

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
I would love to get one and stick a V12 in it ......:)

Heh, I had what looked like a sales guy line up with me in a Fisker. I was in my Evo. For whatever reason, he seemed to believe his car was fast off the line. Interesting sense of perspective, albeit highly unrealistic.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Lose two doors and the top and here's what you get. The Sunset.

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
That car does have some real nice curves. I'd help to deplete the ozone with the ZR1 Vette engine myself but that's just me....

Tom

Henrik Fisker is definitely talented in the styling department...he did do the BMW Z9 and some Aston DB's. I think he was in charge during the BMW E46 3series era (although, I think Bangle actually did the design of that car).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing