Entreq Coming for Testing/Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I've not tried the Thor SE Master Reference ground cable on the Silver Tellus.....or mixed any of the other Tripoint and Entreq cables.

I know what happened when I installed my Tripoint Troy with the Thor SE Master Reference connected to my dart preamp. I already had a Silver Tellus connected to that preamp with a pair of Eartha Atlantis RCA's.

i'd say that the degree of improvement compared to what the Silver Tellus-Eartha Atlantis had brought by itself was at least as much as the 5 to 1 cost ratio. quite amazing. and that was right out of the box stone cold. about 10 days later it took another step up about 2/3rds of the original jump.

both products work.....and are performance boosters.

i'd also point out that these type products are quite context dependent. whether other systems would have the same reaction as mine to either product is a question. my system is about as tweaked as can be, and it's noise floor is very low as well as the top level darTZeel electronics are very very quiet. so everything these products can do is easily heard. when I describe degrees of perceived performance change it's only my own views in my own system.

Thanks Mike.
Yes I agree and my earlier comment was about cost effectiveness and not any animus to Tripoint.
It also struck me afterwards that what I suggested was not entirely accurate as separate ground boxes are needed for negative speaker terminal grounding so you would need another Poseidon or two of the other ground boxes.
More out of curiosity than I suspect any practical application I presume that any negative speaker terminal grounding would need two boxes be they Entreq or Tripont.

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
I know what happened when I installed my Tripoint Troy with the Thor SE Master Reference connected to my dart preamp. I already had a Silver Tellus connected to that preamp with a pair of Eartha Atlantis RCA's.
:D
i'd say that the degree of improvement compared to what the Silver Tellus-Eartha Atlantis had brought by itself was at least as much as the 5 to 1 cost ratio. quite amazing. and that was right out of the box stone cold. about 10 days later it took another step up about 2/3rds of the original jump.

You are tempting me again :D . Have my Tripoint with the basic cables , been putting of the Thor SE for a while now . Hoping it wouldn't make that spectacular a difference . Have you tried Entreq Cleanus yet ?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
You are tempting me again :D .

sorry about that.;)

Have my Tripoint with the basic cables , been putting of the Thor SE for a while now . Hoping it wouldn't make that spectacular a difference . Have you tried Entreq Cleanus yet ?

no; with my Equi=tech 10WQ isolation transformer I don't bother with additional power conditioning such as the Entreq Cleanus. maybe a better way to put it is that I've yet to investigate additional power conditioning.

the Thor SE Master Reference ground cable does seem to be very special. I'm tempted to add more of them but so far have resisted that.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks Mike.
Yes I agree and my earlier comment was about cost effectiveness and not any animus to Tripoint.

I did not take it that way in any case. it would be helpful to know if the Thor SE Master Reference cable took the Entreq (any Entreq) to a higher level. I'm reluctant to disturb things; but if I do investigate that i'll certainly share about it.

It also struck me afterwards that what I suggested was not entirely accurate as separate ground boxes are needed for negative speaker terminal grounding so you would need another Poseidon or two of the other ground boxes. More out of curiosity than I suspect any practical application I presume that any negative speaker terminal grounding would need two boxes be they Entreq or Tripont.

as the Poseidon's middle box is galvanically isolated (from the other 2 'boxes' connected to the negative speaker terminals) one could connect grounds from the 2 mono block chassis to it. or both chassis grounds to a single Tripoint......as far as safety. not to say that 2 totally separate Troy's might not sound better.

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
I did not take it that way in any case. it would be helpful to know if the Thor SE Master Reference cable took the Entreq (any Entreq) to a higher level. I'm reluctant to disturb things; but if I do investigate that i'll certainly share about it.

as the Poseidon's middle box is galvanically isolated (from the other 2 'boxes' connected to the negative speaker terminals) one could connect grounds from the 2 mono block chassis to it. or both chassis grounds to a single Tripoint......as far as safety. not to say that 2 totally separate Troy's might not sound better.

I'm sorry Mike, the Poseidon's middle box is not galvanically isolated. See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_isolation

It's just a separate box with no ground connections to the other two boxes.

Last edited:

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Hrrrmm...interesting! Looks like my earlier post was deleted. I guess only a select few are allowed to make jokes around here. :rolleyes:

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Hrrrmm...interesting! Looks like my earlier post was deleted. I guess only a select few are allowed to make jokes around here. :rolleyes:

I think you are a little late to the joker party...Amir has a new audio site for jokers. You might find more humor over there. ;)

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

National humour is a notoriously poor international traveller.
One of the first things impressed upon me when I first started on international projects.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Just a quick note that I have performed some preliminary measurements of Entreq Olympus Minimus. I have a couple more to do before I am ready to publish them.

My question to you all is whether you will be civil when I post this information or will there be riots in streets? If it is the latter, I have no desire to post it here. You all need to see it as data that you either care about or not. It has been fun to work on this unique device and I hate to spoil that fun with a bunch of bickering and wasted negative energy.

I am hoping that everyone can remain professional so that the data can be shared. But if not, I will only post the data on ASR Forum and let PO decide if he wants to post it here.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Just a quick note that I have performed some preliminary measurements of Entreq Olympus Minimus. I have a couple more to do before I am ready to publish them.

My question to you all is whether you will be civil when I post this information or will there be riots in streets? If it is the latter, I have no desire to post it here. You all need to see it as data that you either care about or not. It has been fun to work on this unique device and I hate to spoil that fun with a bunch of bickering and wasted negative energy.

I am hoping that everyone can remain professional so that the data can be shared. But if not, I will only post the data on ASR Forum and let PO decide if he wants to post it here.

sounds like your equipment is not sensitive enough or you are not measuring the right things or the effect may not be able to be measured. I think we can surmise what your conclusion is. I don't expect riots from owners of said equipment that do subjectively appreciate the effect it has.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
sounds like your equipment is not sensitive enough or you are not measuring the right things or the effect may not be able to be measured. I think we can surmise what your conclusion is. I don't expect riots from owners of said equipment that do subjectively appreciate the effect it has.
I presented no data for you to draw any of this inference. What I do read is someone having his sword out already for a fight to dismiss the results.

Anyone else?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Amir, there is no reason to be afraid, none whatsoever. Report your findings when fully ready, and no one is going to war. :b
This is just an audio forum, we're here to talk audio and music and all other passionate subjects included in the various sections of the main page.

Besides, this is a moderated site.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I presented no data for you to draw any of this inference. What I do read is someone having his sword out already for a fight to dismiss the results.

Anyone else?

I suggest you take your own advice and share the results with your objectivist forum. I suspect most of the people who use Entreq gear here will be little swayed by your results whatever they are.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Anyone else?

You've already posted data and based on that as well as so many members' reactions here to another Entreq thread I suggest the best recourse is to post your findings at ASR Forum.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I suggest you take your own advice and share the results with your objectivist forum. I suspect most of the people who use Entreq gear here will be little swayed by your results whatever they are.
You are in the measurement part of the forum. And the original promise of equipment loan was for publication of data here. I am asking if people can be professional about and you keep repeating that you won't be. I hear you. Let me hear from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing