Dredd 3D Trailer

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Given how bad the first film was, they have a pretty low bar to achieve :). Sadly from the clips, it doesn't seem like it has much to it other than special effects....

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Given how bad the first film was, they have a pretty low bar to achieve :). Sadly from the clips, it doesn't seem like it has much to it other than special effects....

I actually liked the first :( Especially the hit songs being jingles....like the Wrigley chewing gum diddy :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Someone should start a thread

"Movies of Sly and Arnie we wished we never saw"

I only liked Sly in Rocky I, First Blood and his little role as Machine Gun Joe Bi-Turbo. I only really liked Arnie in Terminator 1, True Lies, and Predator. I hated Total Recall. I have a feeling the remake will be much better being way less campy.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

I only liked Sly in Rocky I, First Blood and his little role as Machine Gun Joe Bi-Turbo. I only really liked Arnie in Terminator 1, True Lies, and Predator. I hated Total Recall. I have a feeling the remake will be much better being way less campy.

C'mon Jack Twins was a classic. Disagree on TR :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
BTW T2 was a film making breakthrough at the time!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

---I've heard that the remake ('Total Recall') wasn't great at all.

* I HATE 'Judge Dredd' (1995). ...And I HATE the original 'Total Recall' (1990). :D

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Since we're talking about Arnie :)

T1 and T2 were good,
Twins was a very good movie IMHO
Predator was IMHO one of his best movie. I think the director used Arnie inept acting very well .. I actually like the movie itself and a lot , part of my permanent collection
I liked Total Recall then, re-saw it about 5 years ago and hated it ... What was I thinking? :)
As for his other movies and acting .. Some people seem to have all the luck in the world

As for Sly

Rocky 1 was bearable
I liked First Blood ... As for his other movies and acting ... let's just repeat that some people have all the luck in the world :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Total Recall was good guys. :)

Like Frantz I found it okay the first time driven by Ms. Stone's hotness at the time. :D I still can't get over the bulgy eyes outside the dome scene. Oh man, the only thing campier with a big budget was Flash Gordon. Well, maybe Costner's gills and webbed feet take the top honor. LOL.

I will concede that Twins was funny. I was thinking testosterone flicks.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Since we're talking about Arnie :)

T1 and T2 were good,
Twins was a very good movie IMHO
Predator was IMHO one of his best movie. I think the director used Arnie inept acting very well .. I actually like the movie itself and a lot , part of my permanent collection
I liked Total Recall then, re-saw it about 5 years ago and hated it ... What was I thinking? :)
As for his other movies and acting .. Some people seem to have all the luck in the world

As for Sly

Rocky 1 was bearable
I liked First Blood ... As for his other movies and acting ... let's just repeat that some people have all the luck in the world :D

Gotta mark this day down too :) Forgot about Predator. That was really good!

As I heard it, Arnold couldn't remember lines and they would tape them up on the walls around the set so he could recite them.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010

Sly? Most of them. Arnold? I like Arnold. Like Willis, he seems to understand the absurdity of what he does on film; he gets the joke. So many of those guys actually seem to take it seriously. I draw the whole action movie line broad and opaque at The Dispensables. Absolutely vacant. Glad I didn't buy a ticket. 2 won't even get a Netflix order.

Tim

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I agree that the ending on Total Recall was pretty bad. But the starting scenes were just great. I also agree that I wouldn't want to watch it again without the surprise of the plot the first time.

How do we feel about Steven Seagal? I really like Under Siege and can watching multiple times. But boy, does the director of that movie (Andrew Davis) deserve a medal for making such a compelling movie out of a guy who has less acting ability than just about anyone I can think of.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing