Dough - Best Pizza in San Antonio

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Have to try it next time I am in that neck of the woods! Come to think of it, I have never made it to San Antonio. Dallas, Huston, Austin, yes. But not San Antonio. We only have a couple of Neopolitan Pizzerias here and both are quite far. So in our new vacation house we put in a woodfired Pizza oven and we make our own :). We recently found an Italian grocery store so finding supplies is easier now.

For those who don't know about this type of Pizza, it is the authentic type from Naples. It is very thin pizza with just a few (high quality) toppings (since it cooks so fast, you can't put too much stuff on it). The dough is very delicate and literally melts in your mouth. There are people who have devoted their lives to perfecting this delicate dough. There are so many variables from hydration of the dough, to temperature of the oven and fermentation time. There are even equiv. of high-end cable arguments where people talk about what type of mixer to use! :)

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Dinner with the wife at Dough. House-made Fior di Latte, Parmigiano Reggiano, arugula, prosciutto & truffle oil cook in just 90 seconds in an 800 degree wood burning oven.

pizza.jpg

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
kewl...ill have to check it out when im in Austin in two months for the inaugural F1 race at circuit of the americas - if its finished on time, that is!

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I'll look forward to it. My favorite in NYC, which is a city allegedly known for its pizza, but frankly, is all about gloppy cheese, and mediocre tomato sauce (leaving the bespoke 40 dollar restaurant pizza aside) is at the Trattoria del Arte, across from Carnegie Hall. It is thin as paper, one person to a giant irregularly shaped pie. They used to make a clam pizza, don't think they do anymore.
We used to go to Tontono's in Coney Island. When you walked in the door, it was like one of those westerns where the stranger walks into the saloon, everybody freezes, including the tinkling piano player, and just stares at you.
There's also a place in Millwood, deep Brklyn, I think that claims the best and I've never gone. But, like bagels, great pizza is not so easy to find in NYC anymore.
Thanks for the heads-up, since I'll be less than an hour away, I'll definitely check it out.

Last edited:

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
kewl...ill have to check it out when im in Austin in two months for the inaugural F1 race at circuit of the americas - if its finished on time, that is!

I'll be there as well with my son Rob, curve 6 row 4. Let's try to catch up there!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing