Doug Macleod -There's a time- vocal image

JBW

May 12, 2015
Hi,

I just listen Doug MacLeod there's a time album and sound very acoustical dynamic very impressive, the only concern I have is his vocal is not center and more toward the right channel. Anyone have the same experienced, let me know your thought.

Joseph

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Great Blues album recording by one of my best favorite Bluesmen. ...Writer/singer/guitar player. ...Got it all.

And you are right; in several tunes his voice is more concentrated towards the right. And sometimes in other tunes his voice seem to be travelling towards the left. ...@ other times it is centered. /// It's in the recording, and you also have the acoustic space with some very nice depth; guitar and vocals.

Excellent CD, highly recommended if you're into Blues music. ...This guy is top-notch, among the best Bluesmen living today.
And this recording is pure crystalline clear. ...Very present, as you are there. ...Nice holographic imaging, soundstaging.

Welcome to WBF. :cool:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Nice reminder...totally agree...in fact, just picked up these two which seem promising:

McLeod.jpg

McLeod 3.jpg

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
indeks.jpg I like this one very much

JBW

May 12, 2015
Very rare in my collection for this kind of recording which is very evolving always make me want to listen again and again and the great things about it every time I listen I always find something unheard before. Do you know more great recording in your collection you want to share.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
On Blues?

Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for that hook up, never heard of him until now, a fine picker and part comedian,
New music purchases coming right now.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
This one arrived today...

View attachment 20586

...and so did this one (as a freebie from the Seller)...and i think its even better!

McLeod 2.jpg

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Nice reminder...totally agree...in fact, just picked up these two which seem promising:

View attachment 20585

I picked this up today and along with "There's a time", I am extremely impressed.
I think the overall SQ of "There's a time" is slightly better ( very slightly) BUT I actually prefer the musicianship and the music slightly on "Exactly like this"
Nonetheless, two highly recommended titles for anyone who loves great sound and the blues. Both are superb Keith Johnson masterpieces.
BTW, anyone own the 45 rpm vinyl of these two recordings?...I would think they must be AAA++

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing