Does my MMC2 stylus need replacement?

cmkaad

Apr 4, 2021
Hi all,

I have bought a Bang & Olufsen turntable (Beogram 7000) recently from a family member. Im in doubt if i should replace the stylus on the catridge which is a Bang & Olufsen MMC2 with a nude diamond.
Could someone pleace help me out and give their opinion on this? A friend told me it is fine and a replacement is not needed for now.
I will link images from right and left of the stylus (i know it is a little dirty).

Best regards

Charlie

Skærmbillede 2021-03-30 kl. 15.38.11.png

Skærmbillede 2021-03-30 kl. 15.36.57.png

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2021-03-30 kl. 15.36.57.png
    Skærmbillede 2021-03-30 kl. 15.36.57.png
    559.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Can't see any facets, so it's probably OK. You will usually want to shine a really bright light on it and see if there is any faceting on the record wear sides. If not, it's good. When faceting becomes prominent, replace.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
B&O are fixed coil designs you will have to buy a complete new cartridge

ACHiPo

Feb 22, 2015
Pleasanton, CA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing