Does Everything Make a Difference?

Why don’t you roll up your sleeves and conduct these experiments in with a scientifically valid protocol?

“Talk is cheap.” Anonymous wise person
Just between you and me I already have, Mr. Smarty Pants. Looks like this thread is headed for the dreaded death spiral. Begone, troll!

Last edited:
Just between you and me I already have, Mr. Smarty Pants. Looks like this thread is headed for the dreaded death spiral. Begone, troll!
I’m not sure why you think my post is trollish. I'm simply challenging you to present more information that I haven't seen forthcoming yet. That's not trolling. I'm genuinely curious about the things you're saying.

Specifically,

1.) Can you share an explanation as to how turned-off cell phones, mechanical watches, books and unused audio gear have a negative effect on the sound quality in our rooms? And how you know (or suppose) this deleterious effect is on a quantum mechanics level?

2.) You say you "already have" conducted scientific testing/experiments to substantiate these claims. Can you share this information here?

Last edited:
Reactions: Robh3606
I not sure why you think my post is trollish. I'm simply challenging you to present more information that I haven't seen forthcoming yet. That's not trolling. I'm genuinely curious about the things you're saying.

Specifically,

1.) Can you share an explanation as to how turned-off cell phones, mechanical watches, books and unused audio gear have a negative effect on the sound quality in our rooms? And how you know (or suppose) this deleterious effect is on a quantum mechanics level?

2.) You say you "already have" conducted scientific testing/experiments to substantiate these claims. Can you share this information here?
I feel no obligation to explain anything or to defend anything I said or intimated or to provide any details or other information regarding testing or experiments or results thereof.

Last edited:
Maybe this thread would be better if IT had nothing in it :D

Maybe this thread would be better if IT had nothing in it :D
while we are pondering the imponderables...

"Every second, millions to trillions of particles of dark matter flow through your body without even a whisper or trace. This ghostly fact is sometimes cited by scientists when they describe dark matter, an invisible substance that accounts for about 85 percent of all matter in the universe. Unlike so-called normal matter, which includes everything from electrons to people to planets [to cell phones in listening rooms], dark matter does not absorb, reflect, or shine with any light. It is … dark. But if we cannot see dark matter, how do scientists know it is there? The answer is gravity. Astronomers indirectly detect dark matter through its gravitational influences on stars and galaxies. Wherever normal matter resides, dark matter can be found lurking unseen by its side."

Look, it’s very simple, all you have to do is take the cellphone out of the room and listen to something with and without the cellphone in the room. It’s not rocket science. You hear it, you don’t hear it, it’s no skin off my nose. It’s the same deal with iPods, iPads, laptops, TVs, they are all “portals to the outside world.” And the outside world can sometimes be a very scary place.

Made the scene
Week to week
Day to day
Hour to hour
The gate is straight
Deep and wide
Break on through to the other side

Last edited:
while we are pondering the imponderables...

"Every second, millions to trillions of particles of dark matter flow through your body without even a whisper or trace. This ghostly fact is sometimes cited by scientists when they describe dark matter, an invisible substance that accounts for about 85 percent of all matter in the universe. Unlike so-called normal matter, which includes everything from electrons to people to planets [to cell phones in listening rooms], dark matter does not absorb, reflect, or shine with any light. It is … dark. But if we cannot see dark matter, how do scientists know it is there? The answer is gravity. Astronomers indirectly detect dark matter through its gravitational influences on stars and galaxies. Wherever normal matter resides, dark matter can be found lurking unseen by its side."
Dark matter is very interesting. I even named a product after it.

I feel no obligation to explain anything or to defend anything I said or intimated or to provide any details or other information regarding testing or experiments or results thereof.
And apparently, that makes you a troll Wil. Go figure.

And apparently, that makes you a troll Wil. Go figure.
In the town where I live the streets don’t stop at the edge of town. They keep going, they go to other towns and even cities. :)

“The superb sound was in the room all along, you just weren’t able to hear it properly or completely because your sensory perception was influenced by the local environment.” - Peter Belt

“Never send to know for whom the troll bellows, he tolls for thee.” - anonymous

“Without promotion something terrible happens. Nothing.” - PT Barnum

Last edited:

Is that why you are here? If that's so how come you don't show a company affiliation. I thought the rules were if you were an industry professional it was supposed to be posted for all to see.

You already revealed your affiliation with Machina Dynamica

Are you retired?

Rob :)

In the town where I live the streets don’t stop at the edge of town. They keep going, they go to other towns and even cities. :)

“The superb sound was in the room all along, you just weren’t able to hear it properly or completely because your sensory perception was influenced by the local environment.” - Peter Belt

“Never send to know for whom the troll bellows, he tolls for thee.” - anonymous

You mean you don't have cars, trucks and bikes piled up at the edge of town in every direction.
I need to get out more, I guess.

Is that why you are here? If that's so how come you don't show a company affiliation. I thought the rules were if you were an industry professional it was supposed to be posted for all to see.

You already revealed your affiliation with Machina Dynamica

Are you retired?

Rob :)

Uh, oh, looks like the pressure’s on. Machina Dynamica is my company, it’s been around for a long time, through thick and thin. I’m the author of the Definitive Explanation of How The Intelligent Chip Works, and other papers. Inventor of the Super Intelligent Chip and Clever Little Clock, the first comprehensive approach for using semi precious crystals in audio systems, the Teleportation Tweak, and many others.

Recently invented New Dark Matter scattered CD laser light absorbing system, Super Quantum Demagnetizer, and “Presence” CD Optical Spray for greater transparency.

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica
The Emperor’s New Quantum Mind

Last edited:
...is it OK to keep the speakers, or should one switch to headphones only?
I switched and I’m glad I did. And now my soundstage is as far out in front of my as when I had speakers. It’s not what you have it’s what you do with it. Push em back, push em way back!

Last edited:
Are you saying with your now using headphones, you still need to remove items from your listening room for better sound?

Reactions: moby2004

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing