• No.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Still on the fence with this one.

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Of course there's integration, not isolaion, of every sense. See how long you can stand on one leg, then close your eyes and repeat the experiment. Then switch legs.

Nothing in our body, muscle, organ, gland, etc. acts alone. We live in a dynamic world constantly experiencing stressors.

Yes. Fortunately no one is manufacturing hearts too weak to drive the legs they're connected to, or feet with an imedance too high for industry-standard legs.

Tim

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I do trust my ears but how much does your eyes play into that..
Does visual cloud your judgement in what you hear ???

I don't think so. But then, I'm not sure how much I can trust my thinking. ;)

Nah, I'm listening to Classical music right now, and I'm reading your post and looking at my PC's screen, and thinking what I'm going to reply.
My vision (physical eyes) don't have much say in my overall music listening experience/enjoyment right now.

I believe that we can disconnect temporarily our concentration from one sense to the next. ...With practice.
Do you also believe?

Last edited:

Groucho

Aug 18, 2012
UK
Does visual cloud your judgement in what you hear ???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23717228

Sight dominates sound in music competition judging...

...Dr Tsay said the findings were quite surprising, especially because both trained musicians and those without training had stated that sound was most important for their evaluation.

"Regardless of levels of expertise, we still seem to be led primarily by visual information, even in this domain of music," she said.

..."We must be more mindful of our inclination to depend on visual information at the expense of the content that we actually value as more relevant to our decisions."

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

I believe that women (in general) have a different 'vision' (viewpoint, perception) on what they hear and see, than men.
...And how their visual sense can affect or not what they hear.

* Women (in very wide majority) don't look at other women like men do, and vice versa.
And same with their hearing; their emotional chords are stricken differently (different emotional level).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing