DMA 200 S2: my first Spectral: cabling ?

Maz65

Sep 26, 2014
Italy
Spectral UL-38 HD, Brief impressions.
My decision was to try to evaluate the cables effort by inserting the speakers cable first, and next the ic cable.
At this moment the UL-38 cable is 50+ hours, the interconnect cable was only inserted yesterday and next week I will report the complete result.
So the interconnect cable was Cardas Clear, my favourite over the years.

I really don't know how much better can sound the UL-60HD cable, but let me say the UL-38 is fantastic. More than fantastic: perfect in the Spectral setup. I cannot find a defect, voices are simply as them should be, open the right way, not so little, not so much. Bass is wonderful in my setup, Spectral confirm to be one of the best matches for top-of-the-line Sonus Faber speakers.
Of course the curiosity about the UL-60 is very high, but it's time to stop and enjoy the music ;) ...the result is life is flowing in music, and it is a result I listened not so often in 30+ year of hi-fi passion.
Everytime I listen a setup, I try to imagine an adjective that can summarize what I am listening. The adjective now is "engaging".

Just to remember everybody the personal Franco Serblin (S.F. , r.i.p.) setup was Spectral, now it's time to listen the complete connection system.

Thanks to anyone suggested me to wait, marty, ack, scouter, cooper... it was worth it :)

Max

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Excellent! And consistent, I think, with every other owners' experiences. We all also seem to agree that going MIT all around will offer even more sonic benefits.

Maz65

Sep 26, 2014
Italy
After some time of listening sessions with this cable, I think I have a clear opinion about Spectral UL230 signal cable too.
With both cables, speaker and signal, replaced at the same time, was difficult for me to exactly identify what was going wrong, now I am confident that I need more for my setup, when speaking about the signal cable.
In my actual system the UL230 seems in every aspect less than my Cardas Clear or K-S mentioned above.
Especially in dynamics and live sensation.
To be clear, UL230 is a very good cable but I have better expectations.

So the next step will be to listen the UL350 and, please suggest, an old/new MIT cable that can perform better than the UL230.
On the other hand, after a month I can confirm how good is the speaker cable UL-38HD with the Elipsa's, unbelievable.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

p.s. of course next year I will explore the preamp solution, but I will create a new topic about this argument :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing