Disney buys Lucas Film & New Star Wars movies

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Bob, the man made my childhood so much more fun with the star wars movie (the original). It provided a level of entertainment for a science fiction man like me. He can't undo that with added new scenes. I hope the fans of Star Wars remember that without him, there would have been no Star Wars!

What is a shame far beyond the added scenes was inept two episodes which lacked serious acting, storytelling and stupid characters. With budgets like he had, how hard would it have been to get better versions of these?

-----I know exactly what you're saying Amir; and a lot of people are huge 'Star Wars' fans.
And I mean with a real deep deep passion too.

Back in 1977, personally, I wasn't one of them; that film didn't do much at all for me.

There is so much news about Star Wars that it is simply epidemic.
And a lot of controversial and different opinions too on George Lucas; about his writing, character's developments, spoken words (from the actors), created creatures, directing, altering, etc.

This guy is rich! ...A net worth of over $7.5 billions! ...Methinks that Disney paid way too much; hope they know what they're doin'. But this is all about movie business.
...And Walter's philosophy is so much different than George's takes. ...But heck, times roll on. ...And money just keeps amplifying and 'killing' the good values, I think.

I can write few books about that, but I won't.

Main thing; live in harmony all together no matter our differentiations of opinions and life's values.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lucas said he was done making Star Wars films because no matter what he did, he'd get raked over the coals. The last Indiana Jones wasn't exactly great either. It's kind of hard to top the Holy Grail as an archeological .......... Holy Grail. It didn't help that the crystal skulls were proven to be hoaxes. It is the perfect time to walk away. Then there's the issue he had with fellow residents around Skywalker Ranch.

Now he doesn't need to take responsibility for Episodes 7,8 and 9. Look at the possibilities though. The story goes that Luke is the headmaster of the rebuilt Jedi academy and Leah and Han have twins of their own, one of them seduced by the dark side. It would be great to see Ford and company reprise their roles. It could be great or it could bomb. I'm hoping it will be great.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Suggestions as to who should direct the new Star Wars instalments?

M. Night Shyamalan?

Quentin Tarantino?

(Yes I know both suggestions are totally inappropriate but can you imagine what Star Wars would be like if either director made it!)

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
It certainly was the height of incompetence. Nothing ruined my great experience with the series more than that character.

I thought there was plenty to ruin The Phantom Menace. The wooden performance of Natalie Portman, the incompetent droid army, the cartoonish aliens who were very difficult to take seriously, the general lameness of the script and the total lack of drama. Jar Jar was just the icing on the cake of an incredibly awful movie.

I hope either Chris Nolan or JJ Abrams gets to direct the new Star Wars.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I wouldn't mind Len Wiseman taking a crack at it.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- From what I've heard that new 'Total Recall 2012' wasn't anything to 'suck a candy' about.
I took my mind out of there a long time ago already.

* Just as one quick example, check Rotten Tomatoes.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Recall 2012 really was good IMO.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I've seen all those Star Wars films a few times because when he was little, my son was a big fan. Thank god he outgrew it. The modern ones are pretty awful. He has graduated: LOTR. The Bourne series. The wonderful Nolan Batman series. The original Starwars series was watershed kid scifi. But even the early ones just look kind of corny and dated. The new ones are just bad. Really, I can't imagine a director of the caliber of Nolan taking on the project.

Tim

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Recall 2012 really was good IMO.

---- Jack, no problemo, I did not even see it. :b

Films are like paintings; they move some and some aren't moved. ;)

I've seen all those Star Wars films a few times because when he was little, my son was a big fan. Thank god he outgrew it. The modern ones are pretty awful. He has graduated: LOTR. The Bourne series. The wonderful Nolan Batman series. The original Starwars series was watershed kid scifi. But even the early ones just look kind of corny and dated. The new ones are just bad. Really, I can't imagine a director of the caliber of Nolan taking on the project.

Tim

---- I agree Tim; too low grade series for a guy of Nolan's caliber.
And he's got much better things (projects) to attend to.

Quentin would be perfect, IMO. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing