Did anyone see

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
the interview with Bode Miller and Christin Cooper after Bode won a bronze in the Super G event.

Background. Bode lost his brother this year to a seizure.

The topic came up and she kept pressing. It was obvious that Bode was on shaky emotional ground.

She then asked him (third intrusion into the topic) what he was thinking when he looked up to the sky before he began his run.

He broke down in tears and was unable to continue the interview.

And the idiots at NBC had 16 hours to decided whether they would broadcast the interview.

How utterly disgusting. Someone should be fired.

GG

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I'm always amazed at the insensitivity and stupidity of reporters at times when they are interviewing someone who has just undergone some sort of horrific tragedy. "So Mrs. Smith, please tell us what you were thinking when you came home and realized your house was covered in blood and all of your family members had been shot to death."

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
the interview with Bode Miller and Christin Cooper after Bode won a bronze in the Super G event.

GG
I did not, the general consenses from all who mention it is as you describe. Reporter and network don't come off very well.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I think his legend will grow from this. It may not have been easy to watch but you will never forget it.

danielk141

Mar 13, 2012
I remember the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion.
I was watching the launch on CBS news.
They actually showed Christa Mcauliffe's parents faces in real time, as the shuttle blew up.
I called my local CBS station (the only time I've ever done this).
They kept apologizing & saying they never had such a negative response, before.
When the news "scoop" becomes more important than the human beings involved, that's dishonorable.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing