Devialet 800 x Accuphase E-600

renatoab

Jul 8, 2013
Hi there,

I'm owner of an Accuphase E-560 integrated amplifier. I´m using it with my Wilson Audio Sasha speakers. I´m happy with the results I have. However, I would like to see opinions about Devialet 800 and Accuphase E-600. Which one of these would be the best upgrade for my system? Would be valid an upgrade?

Best regards,

Renato

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I auditioned the Devialet 800 at a local dealer with Magico. SAM was not used. One that day we compared it to the Soulution 530 integrated. I much preferred the 530 as the music had more weight. Maybe the gap would have been narrower if we had used SAM.

The comparison was done with the Aurender direct into the Devialet using its DAC's also using the MSB's DAC's into both units.

They also carry Accuphase but we did not compare those units on that day. From memory I would go with the Accuphase if you are talking about a primary system. The Devialet would be great for a second system as you would save money on DAC's, interconnects, etc.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing