DEQX HDP-4. Who has one ??

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Looking to buy the above unit with HDP express 11. Who hear has one and what do you think ?

Al

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I own the HDP-4 and like it a lot. Has really helped with my bass issues in my room that room treatment alone cannot fix.

Can't comment on it vs the hdp express. I believe Nyles Mellor who posts here and sells them will have a more informed opinion

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have spoken to him , nice guy and seems well versed it the devices and give full support . For me I need a four way and it will cost about 8 k . And as that is not a lot given this hobby. But I would like to here some successful stories before I go through with this. As for this system it is the most complete as it does come with all features so in this way it's really the only choice I could find. The only choice that comes close is the accuphase df55. And IRS 20 k and does not do room correction through software. So as I do not seem to have many choices , I am just looking to here some Ra RA for the equipment .
And thanks for replying

Al

zydeco

Oct 16, 2010
WA, Australia
I own the HDP-4 and like it a lot. Has really helped with my bass issues in my room that room treatment alone cannot fix.

Can't comment on it vs the hdp express. I believe Nyles Mellor who posts here and sells them will have a more informed opinion

How does it fit into your system given the analogue source(s) and pre-amp? Are you feeding it with the pre-amp output? Or as an input to the pre-amp for digital sources? If it's the former then is resolution maintained at low volumes?

Zydeco

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
How does it fit into your system given the analogue source(s) and pre-amp? Are you feeding it with the pre-amp output? Or as an input to the pre-amp for digital sources? If it's the former then is resolution maintained at low volumes?

Zydeco

Gidday mate

I use it in the tape loop. This way maximum resolution is maintained and I use my pre amp as normal.
I must admit I was quite surprised when deqx told me that digital resolution is so poor on low level/low volume.

I can listen without eq, deqx in the loop with speaker calibration and 3 eq presets all at the press of the remote.

Hard to believe ( it took me a while to remove my audiophile prejudices), but even an analog lover can enjoy transparent dsp eq.

Cheers

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Gidday mate

I must admit I was quite surprised when deqx told me that digital resolution is so poor on low level/low volume.

Can you supply any more details on deqx's view of low level digital performance?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing