DaVa FC-A1 a field coil contender

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
@Massimo66 and I have been conversing by PM... Massimo is a true gentleman and enthusiast. It looks like we are going to try to make the DaVa and PSU take a flight to Sicily I am investigating flights and time off work.

While I have met so many nice passionate people in this hobby and I often travel to hear systems- this is the first time I might bounce off NA for a visit!

This is what the hobby is about. Sharing and enjoying.. not the tiresome nattering we often read about in some endless thread... and thanks to Leif for starting it all!
thanks Nick for the kind words, after all few of us have what is called absolute pitch and infinite experience to be able to fine-tune our own system, so sharing is the best weapon we have to take those small steps forward which give us so much satisfaction. Hosting another enthusiast of your same hobby is always a great pleasure, if they then bring an object like a DaVa into your home so you can listen to it in your system and give you the opportunity to evaluate the impact that this Cartridge has on your listening environment ... After all, we are all children and a great revolutionary of the past said: "Let the children come to me" and who am I not to follow this magnificent example

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
unless you already have arm wired for dc, remember to bring/have ready dc wiring
btw a friend uses the DaVa Ref in a Dynavector DV-505 and it´s supposed to work fine

Last edited:
Reactions: Massimo66 and Kcin

crosswind

Jun 6, 2021
Svartskog, Greater Oslo, Norway
Been playing with my DaVa for 2 straight days now. Just rounded 40 hours on it and it keeps getting better in terms of being fuller and more organic. The details and dynamics has been there all the time. I am really happy with it.

A few interesting things happened. I have been struggling since the beginning with some sort of noice appearing in the right channel only. Not very strong but audible during silent passages and between songs. Not hum, not a ground loop or grounding issue kind of noise and I have been trying absolutely everything to get rid of it, without success. Until today. Leif has mounted a really cool looking display on the battery PSU so I can keep track of both voltage and battery remaining. This little thing was the one inducing the noise and thank goodness it can be switched off. Found out by coincidence and boy was I happy when that happened. From now on it’s off when playing and I can turn it on as necessary to check battery status and voltage as needed.

I also found out that this battery lasts “forever”. The PSU has been on for two days straight (off during night) and it still has 55% battery remaining at 11,7 vdc. Also when getting below 12 vdc the DaVa sounded more relaxed and smoother. A good thing in my book. No I have to try and keep it below the 12 vdc threshold.

Reactions: bonzo75

crosswind

Jun 6, 2021
Svartskog, Greater Oslo, Norway
beware of the voltage may be rising 5-10% when switching off display
measure dc directly on loaded output with both display on and off....
No worries, just checked. 11,58 vdc with display on and 11,60 without.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing