Darbee Vision darblet

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Anyone here played with this product yet. I found a thread on AVS but was curious if anyone here had given it a whirl.

From the AVS threads, it seems that is really helps DirecTV viewing and less for Bluray. Apparently "video purists" need not apply ;)

(For $250, I figured it was a no brainer to give it a go so I have ordered one)

There are some before-after images you can play with on their web site that are pretty impressive!

http://darbeevision.com/

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I'll be buying another one for upstairs

I played with the Darblet this evening and it is a keeper. Like most things, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. With reasonable settings (about 70%), I found no downside and lots of upside. The better the source, the better the improvement. You can switch between on and off and the difference is easily seen. It has a split screen mode as well and a sweep mode where it works like the web site.

If you check out the web site you will see what it will do and it works every bit that well. All of my demo material was Bluray except one and the results on regular DVD were not as impressive but still an improvement. The snow scenes in The Art of Flight became much more three dimensional.

I will try it on my 5 year old Samsung Plasma in my family room and if it works as well there, I will get another one.

My guess is that Revision 2 will be better cosmetically. (I have no clue if there will be a Revision 2 :(:() The HDMI in and out are on opposite sides (not front or rear) and it is a very small and light weight product. And at $250 it can't be considered high end but it sure adds improvement over my $4000 Lumagen scaler.

For me, at least, this is a nice improvement over a nice calibrated projector (JVC RS55) and nice scaler for a whopping $250 !!!

My guess, however, is that the video purist will not like it since it could be assumed that this changes the "Directors intent" -- but then I'm not a video purist :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing