Crazy times

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Some people would consider this room "audiophile madness" - some old pictures of my listening room before being modified at moments it had peak occupation. Can you identify the shown components and acoustical treatments?

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 532
Last edited:

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
I recognise the rugs and light bulbs :D
OK more seriously some really nice gear there, all yours?
Nice mix of gear there.
Cheers
Orb

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I recognise the rugs and light bulbs :D
OK more seriously some really nice gear there, all yours?
Nice mix of gear there.
Cheers
Orb

I have only kept the SoundLab A1´s, that meanwhile got PX panels and the Toroid II modification, and the Quad ESL63 of all this gear.
Oh, I was forgetting the pair of calibrated ECM8000 microphones used for RTA - I was making audio science at that time, about ten years ago. :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Some tall speakers panels (stats)...some MBL speakers...Audio Research preamp...big mono amps...custom stereo mic...bass traps...wood panel diffusers...side panel absorbers...front projection screen...analog rig (TT)...TT tools; cleaners, meters, etc.,...ribbon speaker wires...European speakers on stands...CDs...more audio tools of the trade...two carpets...two local light bulbs...flat white ceiling...black chairs (two - metal)...home made audio racks...extension cord hanging from the ceiling...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing