Coolest (Best) Parking Garage

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
http://www.woehr.de/en/projekte/budapest_m730/index.htm

But I can imagine the following conversation: "Sir, I am sorry but your new BMW 7 series is stuck between levels. We are in the process of contacting the German support staff. Can you check back tomorrow, hopefully we can get your car back by then. If not, please accept a complimentary car wash and a cup of coffee for your trouble"

LesAuber

Jun 21, 2010
http://www.woehr.de/en/projekte/budapest_m730/index.htm

But I can imagine the following conversation: "Sir, I am sorry but your new BMW 7 series is stuck between levels. We are in the process of contacting the German support staff. Can you check back tomorrow, hopefully we can get your car back by then. If not, please accept a complimentary car wash and a cup of coffee for your trouble"

If it is German it would be more like, "Sir you obviously did not follow instructions and caused this malfunction. The system is perfect so otherwise this would not have happened. Please have your credit card ready to pay for repairs and get your car out of impound." At least so it is with cars. The car is perfect, it is the owner who can't operate it properly.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
I can't help but think that if it was American it would be something like this: "Sir, your new car is stuck between levels. We have instructed our lawyers to sue you for negligence and will be requesting punitive damages for the undue stress and mental anguish you have inflicted upon us".

Yeah, a not-too-subtle dig at the litigious society in which we live (it's not so bad up here in the great white north, but we're probably not too far behind)...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
but we're probably not too far behind)...

you're not too far behind

when I went out into practice in 1973 in Canada there was only one medical malpractice carrier in the entire country (CMPA). My entire fee for my first year was $25!!! Yup you heard that right. When I moved to California in 1978 my final year in the CMPA cost me a staggering $150.

Presently friends of mine who are still in practice in Toronto are now paying in excess of $30,000/year. Not bad considering here in California my annual premium for OBG was $50,000/year

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Do you realize how much audio equipment you could have bought for that amount of $. Gazillions of LP's, tapes, all kinds of stuff ;)

On the serious side, that is just obscene !!!

Chuck , NY pays $200K/yr for OBG medmal

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Frivolous medical malpractice lawsuits should have been the first focus of healthcare reform. When you realize that every doctor, etc. who treats you is paying these exorbitant rates, it becomes easy to see how your medical care costs are truly being driven upwards.

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing