Congratulations to Mark (MEP)

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Mark,

In your review you state:

"The tweeters used in the UNI-Q driver are quite special and don't have any break-up modes until you hit 40kHz which keeps the break-up point well outside of the audio band. "

How do you know, did you run any measurements?

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Mark,

"The tweeters used in the UNI-Q driver are quite special and don't have any break-up modes until you hit 40kHz which keeps the break-up point well outside of the audio band. "

Welcome to the reviewing world :)

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Mark,

Congrats and well done. Very nicely written. A few years ago (before Genesis), I started up an audio magazine in Singapore, and tried to write a review... even published a couple. Now, I think that it's far easier to design a loudspeaker than to review one. You did a very good job..... now how about if I send you a pair of my speakers to review?

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Day-um! Nice piece, well written, gets to the point, as your posts do here. Hope you had fun doing it- I find when I'm writing 'for work,' I'm constantly editing, rewriting, etc. If the muse was with you, you should do more! I enjoyed reading it. And, since you like to take on sacred cows, maybe there's a market for someone who can take on some of the gear that others rave about, and look at it with a critical eye. (Some reviews of retro fi might be good too, but probably less marketable as audio journalism -though Art Dudley does a fair amount).
Congrats!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
mep

Now we have one more reviewer to kick. Nice review by the way :) Keep it up !

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Mark,

No, I did not perform the measurements, but measurements have been taken.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
well done Mark...!! and as an owner of LS50s I would agree with your comments fully.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Congrats, Mark, your first heckler! When you have hundreds of them, you will know you have arrived!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lol!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I refuse to take the bait.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'd love to see both your faces right now. LOL.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
nice work Mark, more future reviews? i bet the pay sucks but if you fancy new gear accommodation pricing will likely be extended to you which is better!;)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
nice work Mark, more future reviews? i bet the pay sucks but if you fancy new gear accommodation pricing will likely be extended to you which is better!;)

I think my next review will be an amp. I'm waiting on direction right now. You don't take this gig for the money, you do it because you love audio and writing.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Mark - How much time are you allotted for a review?

mep

Apr 20, 2010
John-Myles can chime in here. I really won't know until I receive the first piece of gear.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing