Concert Photography

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
A combination of my two loves - photography and music.

These were taken last weekend at the SOKA Jazz Festival I attended with my wife.

The best performance we caught was the Delfeayo Marsalis Octet's performance of Sweet Thunder - Duke Ellington's classic tribute to William Shakespeare.

Delfeayo Marsalis Octet - Small.jpg

The album is definitely worth getting:

Sweet Thunder.jpg

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
A combination of my two loves - photography and music.

These were taken last weekend at the SOKA Jazz Festival I attended with my wife.

The best performance we caught was the Delfeayo Marsalis Octet's performance of Sweet Thunder - Duke Ellington's classic tribute to William Shakespeare.

The album is definitely worth getting:

WBF being WBF, expect questions about what type of camera / lens was used any moment.....:)

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Jim Merod is a jazz impresario extraordinaire. He seems to always bring out the best out of every jazz musician who plays at one of his event. The musicians knows that Jim loves jazz, and they love him for that, and as a result, they perform their heart out for him. The audience definitely appreciate this and the resulting energy cycles and re-cycles to turn a great performance into something goosebump inducing and hair raising. You have to be there to truly appreciate it.

Jim - Small.jpg

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Was it playing though a Leslie speaker/amp?

Yes - the Leslie is behind Joe Bagg. Here's a picture that shows it. At one point, it quit working - the tubes inside lost their glow - and the band had to stop playing. Seems that it wasn't the first time that had happened. But after they got it working again, the band started up with even more energy!

Anthony Wilson B3 Organ Trio 2 - small.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
One of my friends who's been a life-long piano/keyboard player was able to buy the Hammond B-3 and Leslie from the auction they had when the original Maple Leaf Gardens was being shut down. It's one of his most prized possessions!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing