Classe CT-M600 / CA-M600 Amplifiers - True Giant Killers or Just Ok?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I haven't heard these latest Classe amps but the previous "Delta" series were seriously awful sounding, flat, gray sounding with very poor dynamic contrasts. I have heard as well the old Classe, which ran Class A and had huge hot heat sinks for a "measly" 45 watts. A friend had a pair to drive Apogee Scintillas (yes the 1 ohm version)! Excellent sound for an all SS amp. I wouldn't be surprised if this new Classe amp/preamp sounds very analytical and totally missing the music.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I haven't heard these latest Classe amps but the previous "Delta" series were seriously awful sounding, flat, gray sounding with very poor dynamic contrasts. I have heard as well the old Classe, which ran Class A and had huge hot heat sinks for a "measly" 45 watts. A friend had a pair to drive Apogee Scintillas (yes the 1 ohm version)! Excellent sound for an all SS amp. I wouldn't be surprised if this new Classe amp/preamp sounds very analytical and totally missing the music.

This why I have a problem with "familiarity" and new products. You open your statement with the fact of not having heard them but giving an opinion on how you think they might sound? I have heard the CT M600 with Focal Grande Utopia's and really liked the sound. I was auditioning them along with the Classe SSP-800 which I have in my present system. I have been contemplating buying them and replacing my ML 335.

jmhenrie

Aug 22, 2014
omak washington
Due to continuing problems with my classe' c5300 I have spent most of the last two years only with a pair of the m600 in stereo fed by the classe' ssp800 feeding my Wilson Sasha's and thought everything was great
Two prove that its not the speakers and wires causing my problems I purchased a used denon AVR 1100. This may be heresy but this combo is sounding much better to me than the M600 both in stereo and movie modes
So I am starting tp question myself on using high end gear

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
jmhenrie,

There is something definitely wrong I would think. It should have the opposite effect? I also read on another forum a minor issue with updating the unit with it's current version software.

Thetiminator

Apr 20, 2015
Until recently I ran B&W 800Diamonds (now changed to Revel Salon 2's)........with the 800's I found them to be very sweet, with a tidy sound stage, quite detailed, with a big powerful (but perhaps overblown bass). They were very impressive for the money but compared to the Boulder they just lacked air, dynamics and a good bit of detail, the difference wasn't small.

However, I'm about to give them another try with the Revels as they may suit the Revels better. B&W recommend the CAM600's for the 800Diamonds but I didn't find them a particularly good match at all.

With the right speaker I can imagine them being a real steal for the money......

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing