Clarisys Audio Speaker Setup Guide

ClarisysAudio

Industry Expert
Jun 26, 2016
Global
Dear owners and friends of Clarisys Audio.

We have created a guide for setting up our speakers using the 30+ years experience of Jim Smith.

This is truly a revelation, even for me, and i had these speakers since over 20 years. Contact your dealer for the latest version.

We continue to strive for and provide the best support to our clients.

All the best
Florian and Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
However, I started out using all the calculated measurements and then I just preferred my speakers to be set up while listening to them.
I also do not prefer any toe-in.

ozzy

When the width between tweeters to listen distance ratio is correct, little to no toe in will suffice ...!

Musical choices also come into Play , if classical recordings , most will favor speakers straight ahead , where in Jazz and multi mic type studio recordings will benefit from toe in ..

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph
Thanks for trying our guide. This is the first feedback of someone not prefering it. Are you sure you followed the guide and remeasured everything?

Anyhow, we are glad you are enjoying your speakers, no matter where you place them :)

Not the best pic...for sure!
My initial setup was somewhat close, so I thought.. But, after following the set up guide to a tee, I found major improvements.
Soundstage has improved, even though it was pretty good before, so I thought! Much deeper & wider. Everything seems to be more defined, more in focus. Imaging really did not change. The speakers really disappear, even more than I thought.
I know everyone's room & treatment plays a roll in all of this so some experimenting is warranted. You have to work with what you have ( room ) to achieve best results.
I played with toe in quite a bit till I found the sweet spot, right tweeter sitting just on my right shoulder, Left tweeter sitting just on my left shoulder. Once you get it it's like game over!
I highly recommend giving this a try for the Clarisys owners. Thank you Mike ( Suncoast ) & Florian for putting this to light.

Attachments

• PXL_20240507_212625922.jpg
    PXL_20240507_212625922.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Well thats a mighty looking setup , congrats ....!

Regards

I second that. Very nice system, indeed.

When it comes to (properly implemented) active crossovers, I feel like quoting The Mandalorian. "This is the way."

I would love to see some more photos. Oh, and a video made with your mobile phone. Only joking on the video.

Cyrus reported to me last night that he followed the guide with his Auditoriums, and he acheived a material improvement in realism and sound-staging!

I started to follow the guide myself, but then I realized that my listening chair is too far from the speakers to achieve the required distance between the midrange/tweeter drivers. So I will reposition the listening chair in due course.

Not the best pic...for sure!
My initial setup was somewhat close, so I thought.. But, after following the set up guide to a tee, I found major improvements.
Soundstage has improved, even though it was pretty good before, so I thought! Much deeper & wider. Everything seems to be more defined, more in focus. Imaging really did not change. The speakers really disappear, even more than I thought.
I know everyone's room & treatment plays a roll in all of this so some experimenting is warranted. You have to work with what you have ( room ) to achieve best results.
I played with toe in quite a bit till I found the sweet spot, right tweeter sitting just on my right shoulder, Left tweeter sitting just on my left shoulder. Once you get it it's like game over!
I highly recommend giving this a try for the Clarisys owners. Thank you Mike ( Suncoast ) & Florian for putting this to light.
Congrats to your new three Soulution power amps. Must be awesome.

So, I decided to really go for it again with setting up my Minuet's according to the placement guide. I even toed them in! Contrary to my previous beliefs.

Drum roll please.... I really like it! My speakers sound awesome! The soundstage is huge but natural. I toed them in just to my shoulders, but boy what an improvement!

Thank you!
ozzy

Reactions: Young Skywalker

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing