Clarisys Audio Auditorium Loudspeaker

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
it is very unfortunate that some ppl cant live their lives in peace and arguing on forums like its 2001.... please..
i always thought this is a friendly place for ppl to share their passion.

Hey Bob,
in a matter of fact i never put them in comparison, but i know them both well. i think its really different approach in a way and options.
one (CH P1) is a swiss knife with all the bells and options you can (or cant) handle with very balance, resolution and clarity without needing anything else...
The second is a more "pure" Japanese way to do things, although it has a MC input, its strength is in the MM inputs with their (or others) SUT.
tube sound but not warm or muffled. This phono stage is beyond his price no doubt with very high build quality and sound.
very recommended!
They are both top tiers in my book, but its depends which way you go and how many CR do you have or want to switch in your future :)
for me the P1 will always be the TOP for his ability to let me have whatever I need any time with any CR I get.
sound wise, i am familiar with more musicals but they are also limited to their own specs. so you need to choose carefully which CR to plug in to them.

BW
A.

Byrdparis

Are you a dealer?

Edit. Yes you are. @Ron Resnick @Steve Williams Why doesn't being a dealer show on any Android phone device? Even when you click onto the person. Not good enough really.

I only realised this guy was a dealer after logging in on a PC.

Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Byrdparis

Are you a dealer?

Edit. Yes you are. @Ron Resnick @Steve Williams Why doesn't being a dealer show on any Android phone device? Even when you click onto the person. Not good enough really.

I only realised this guy was a dealer after logging in on a PC.
You could see it in his signature earlier, can't see it on iPad anymore :oops: A few dealers on WBF sneak under the radar, but you can normally recognize them by the long book report style reviews in flowery language, often telling you their products just sound more like music !;)

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Come on guys… from the original post he made clear getting the big Clarisys was a big deal deal for him, dealer or no. Even dealers have to invest to bring in demo models, and bringing in an expensive speaker even at discount means capital outlay and so might be a stretch in an environment where, as he says, the number speakers sold at this level are few and far between. Can’t we just enjoy somebody’s enthusiasm without assigning ulterior motives?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
You need to hit the Toggle signature and all will be revealed to you.

On android phone there is no signature, let alone ability to toggle it.

Not sure why Dealers are not instantly identifiable on any device. Just blurs the line between real customers and dealers.

Reactions: Lagonda

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
You could see it in his signature earlier, can't see it on iPad anymore :oops: A few dealers on WBF sneak under the radar, but you can normally recognize them by the long book report style reviews in flowery language, often telling you their products just sound more like music !;)

Yea maybe, but we know plenty of flowery language is used by customers as well. Some of them try to convince all that their system sounds Natural :p

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
On android phone there is no signature, let alone ability to toggle it.

Not sure why Dealers are not instantly identifiable on any device. Just blurs the line between real customers and dealers.
Ya gotta flip the phone sideways to show the signature on mobile. At least on mine...

Reactions: XV-1 and bonzo75

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland
Very informative review by Roy , Florian and co really did a fantastic job on the build Quality..

@Florian any sneak peeks on your Active Xover ..?

Regards
2nd order, but 0 degree phase rotation, fully analog, and driver control at 0.5db with memory settings. Sourced, not build in house. We make awesome speakers, not experts on active crossover design :)

Bbock

Apr 11, 2022
Illinois
2nd order, but 0 degree phase rotation, fully analog, and driver control at 0.5db with memory settings. Sourced, not build in house. We make awesome speakers, not experts on active crossover design :)
Congrats on the review Florian! Roy expressed some views about the Auditorium that are readily apparent when listening to my Studio Plus. Couldn’t be happier.

Reactions: Audiohertz2 and rad

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
Anyone with head-to-head experience with Clarisys and Alysvox? I heard the latter - they were impressive driven by VAC components - but don’t have point of reference.

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland
Anyone with head-to-head experience with Clarisys and Alysvox? I heard the latter - they were impressive driven by VAC components - but don’t have point of reference.
We are the the Florida show and Axpona, also with tube gear. Your welcome to stop by and just listen for yourself :)

Reactions: Bbock

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
I have heard them both in proper settings. Purchased the Clarisys Auditoriums! This not to degrade Alysvox, just my preference.
Not going to tit for tat on the forum.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I didn't understood if the headquarter of the company is in Suisse or in Usa in Saratoga.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I was first in Italy to have Apogee Duetta,then first in Italy to buy Diva,Magenpan timpani IV and first in Italy with Soundly A1 + sub B1,from 1984 to 1992,had also Quad 63 and 57,Audiostatic 300,Acoustat x and Acoustic 2+2

so I like ribbon and electrostatic speaker.
When I had Sound lab A1+B1 my friends had Scintilla,Apogee Grandad one had Apogee full range with Krell 200 reference on bass,Jadis 500 on mid and Jadis 200 on tweeter.

I had ML 6,LNC2 mono and 4 pair bridge ML N20,so all had great system

So i am very curious to listen Clarisys
I listened last year in Munich and was very impressed

Reactions: rad and Ron Resnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing