WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
6 bucks for axl rose?!!!!!!!!

axl.jpg

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
For me this one's pretty easy...Jimi+ John Paul Jones+ John Bonham and Bowie...$25-...
Don't need a rhythm guitarist with Jimi at the helm:D

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
My ideal Jimi band would be the one on Voodoo Chile (Casady, Winwood, Mitchell)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I actually like this ranking. I would go with Jimi in heartbeat too. I would not rank Jim Morrison so low. I am pleased with the drummer ranking : Neal Peart is to me the best ever the Michael Jordan of Rock drummers. On the drum section, I would have Stewart Copland at $4 rather than $2, I like him better than the 2 in front of him...Unappreciated drummer, a master of setting the rhythmic mood or tone... I am a fan of Neal Peart so no problem there, the best drummer in Rock.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Frontman: Robert Plant = $8
Lead Guitar: Prince = $8
Bassist: Bootsy Collins = $4
Drummer: Dave Grohl = $4

If you have Prince you don't need a rhythm guitarist....

Surprised by a couple of inclusions and omissions:
I'd include Vernon Reid and Jack White on guitar and dump the Edge (If you've seen "It Might Get Loud" you know what I'm sayin')

Not sure how you can have a list of rock drummers without Charlie Watts or Martin Lopez

I'd include Michael Akerfeldt in frontman (and you get a two'fer because he's a pretty fair rhythm guitarist)

Paul McCartney is a great value as a bassist if you're bumping up against the salary cap. I hear he sings a bit and can write a tune. Why isn't Nile Rodgers on the bassist list?

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing