Chef

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I saw this film yesterday and all I can say is wow. The season is still young but for me this is the sleeper film of the year. What an absolutely wonderful movie built around food

I was shocked that this film was written and directed by Jon Favreau who also had the lead role.

From IMDB, here is a summary of the plot.......

A chef who loses his restaurant job starts up a food truck in an effort to reclaim his creative promise, while piecing back together his estranged family.

Terrific bunch of actors including
Dustin Hoffman
Scarlett Johansson
Robert Downey Jr
Sophia Vergera
John Leguizamo
Bobby Cannavale
Oliver Platt

We caught it in the afternoon where there were all of only 6 other people in the theater

I thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it. To some extent the film brought back memories of another similar food based movie called Big Night from 1996 with Stanley Tucci

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Love movies about cooking!! My wife and I watched this one a couple of nights ago. We both thought that it was exquisite.

Excellent film! :D

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We were in Europe when this first came out but we finally had the opportunity to go and see "Chef" this afternoon. I have never been a big Jon Favreau film fan but this one hit all the right buttons. We both enjoyed it a great deal. It is nice to see that a film can be made where half the cast is not acting like bumbling idiots.

I agree with Steve that this is one of the Best Films I have seen this year.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
We saw Chef a couple of months ago. It was a terrific film.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing