Checking in from the UK

shipsupt

Nov 8, 2013
United Kingdom
I was lucky to have this forum recommended to me today and I could see immediately that I wanted to join.

I love music and I'm a bit of a gear geek. I've recently gone crazy for DIY and started replacing most of my stuff with stuff I've built or am building.

I'm pretty active over on the headphone forums with the same screen name.

I'm pretty crazy for photography and motorcycle riding.

I'm an American expat living near and working in London for the next few years, but grew I up in the Northeast (Rhode Island) and moved here from California. I'm enjoying Europe with my wife and two boys.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome to the WBF shipsupt! Did you say gear head? Well, you'll fit right in! :)

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Welcome. Do you have system pics or description? WBF is an excellent place to be.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello and welcome to the What's Best Forum, shipsupt. Glad to see you have made it here and we hope that you enjoy the forum.

Tom

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I see your name is shipsupt which in my world stands for ship superintendent. Do you happen to be a real ship superintendent and work for the Navy?

shipsupt

Nov 8, 2013
United Kingdom
@mep - I was a real Ship Superintendent, but in the commercial world. That's exactly where the name came from. I did do my time in the Navy after graduating from one of the service academies and I did a lot of repair work with the Navy when I worked in a shipyard. I still work in the maritime industry, just in another capacity.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
@mep - I was a real Ship Superintendent, but in the commercial world. That's exactly where the name came from. I did do my time in the Navy after graduating from one of the service academies and I did a lot of repair work with the Navy when I worked in a shipyard. I still work in the maritime industry, just in another capacity.

I spent 12 years at a shipyard which is why I was familiar with the term. Welcome to WBF.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I spent 12 years at a shipyard which is why I was familiar with the term. Welcome to WBF.

I spent no time at a shipyard or in the navy, but it was easy to figure out. :p

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I used to be 'wassup' which is similar to Shipsupt. :) You should have access to some nice vinyl over there. London has become a very vibrant city in the last 20 years. Have you taken a trip to Malverne to visit the Morgan factory? If you are into bikes, their 3 wheeler is kind of a hoot. Nice Chicken btw.
Welcome. to . the. madhouse.
Bill Hart

shipsupt

Nov 8, 2013
United Kingdom
I've seen a few of those 3 wheelers rolling around thought they were super cool! My riding buddy is coming over in early December... perfect opportunity to visit the factory now that I know who makes them! Thanks!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing