Broken Aurender....

honeymustardsteve

Jan 24, 2019
Purchased a used N10 from a dealer and it arrived broken due to poor packaging (there was a 3 inch gap between first box and second box on the top, one side had no foam.) Screws on the unit were loose and the whole front faceplate fell off. Needless to say, the unit did not power up.

Dealer who frequents this forum refuses to refund and says unit was working beforehand. Dealer says he packed it well and maintains his stance that no protection would have saved the unit other than a crate, which is BS. I highly doubt that the shipping company would pay for any damage due to the way it was packed. The wrong type of packing material was used. The outer box is 3x the size of the inner box which makes no sense, resulting in a 35 pound projectile. .

My options are:

1) get aurender to repair at my own dime. i have asked dealer to split cost, which is more than reasonable but he refuses
2) do a paypal dispute and take my chances there though I will likely have to pay for return shipping

Attachments

• 586D4880-A236-41BB-9EBB-A56726730B0C.jpeg
    586D4880-A236-41BB-9EBB-A56726730B0C.jpeg
    647.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 1E9BBBAE-9B51-45DD-8702-1EBDF78B22BB.jpeg
    1E9BBBAE-9B51-45DD-8702-1EBDF78B22BB.jpeg
    606.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 6D2A51F1-D167-48B0-B3B4-996CF2967B83.jpeg
    6D2A51F1-D167-48B0-B3B4-996CF2967B83.jpeg
    530.3 KB · Views: 38

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Purchased a used N10 from a dealer and it arrived broken due to poor packaging (there was a 3 inch gap between first box and second box on the top, one side had no foam.) Screws on the unit were loose and the whole front faceplate fell off. Needless to say, the unit did not power up.

Dealer who frequents this forum refuses to refund and says unit was working beforehand. Dealer says he packed it well and maintains his stance that no protection would have saved the unit other than a crate, which is BS. I highly doubt that the shipping company would pay for any damage due to the way it was packed. The wrong type of packing material was used. The outer box is 3x the size of the inner box which makes no sense, resulting in a 35 pound projectile. .

My options are:

1) get aurender to repair at my own dime. i have asked dealer to split cost, which is more than reasonable but he refuses
2) do a paypal dispute and take my chances there though I will likely have to pay for return shipping
Very disappointed when this happens.

honeymustardsteve

Jan 24, 2019
resolved in the end since the arbitrator sided with me given the poor packaging.

gave the dealer a chance to split the repair cost which was a more than generous offer for his mistake. will never deal with that aries cerat distributor ever again

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
The N10 seller is an Aries Cerat dealer?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing