Bringing New Meaning to the Term "Critical Performance Factors"

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Congratulations are in order to Caelin, Grant and everyone at Shunyata. They turn out a great product and each and every employee there is terrific. I've toured the factory and seen how it's made and been inside Caelin's lab to get a glimpse of his mind at work

Kudos Caelin. The medical market is a whole new ball game and glad to see your products get recognition in the cardiac cath lab.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Really nice! These products really do work.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Congratulations indeed. That kind of endorsement is next to impossible to get.

I can see it now though. Audiophiles picking their heart surgeons on the basis of what AC cords they use. :D Or worse, bringing their own prior to their operations. :D :D

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I must say that I was skeptical about these products but ordered the defender as it was not too expensive and popped it into my system this week. I will be losing the system soon as that part of the house is going to be demolished and my old room turned into a master suit but wanted to experiment as the attic will be enlarged first and be the audio room. Hence I wanted to experiment with the electrical. I have 2 dedicated lines with the amp plugged into one outlet alone. I put the defender into the top of the outlet and was darn impressed with the improvement I heard. Much less noise, smoother sound more detail. Needless to say, I will be getting neither for the other line. And no, I will not be spending the $$$$$$ for the mega bucks stuff as I would rather spend that kind of money on other things. Two of the defenders will do very nicely. Great stuff.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Guess this kinda shoots a big hole for those who claim that the last "x" feet of power cables, etc. from the AC outlet doesn't matter.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I must say that I was skeptical about these products but ordered the defender as it was not too expensive and popped it into my system this week. I will be losing the system soon as that part of the house is going to be demolished and my old room turned into a master suit but wanted to experiment as the attic will be enlarged first and be the audio room. Hence I wanted to experiment with the electrical. I have 2 dedicated lines with the amp plugged into one outlet alone. I put the defender into the top of the outlet and was darn impressed with the improvement I heard. Much less noise, smoother sound more detail. Needless to say, I will be getting neither for the other line. And no, I will not be spending the $$$$$$ for the mega bucks stuff as I would rather spend that kind of money on other things. Two of the defenders will do very nicely. Great stuff.

Glad you heard a justifiable difference; imo ... noise-floor issues are insidious by nature and somewhat difficult to describe; their existence recognized only after removal.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing