Bricasti MC1 Reference DAC

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
I’ve not heard the M1, but I bought their M3. It’s an outstanding DAC - killer good at the price point.

Bricasti provided great after-sales technical support even during the height of the pandemic.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
I have heard an M1SE in my room. It was compared as a DAC versus my Esoteric K-03X/Cybershaft Limited 2 OP17 clock combination. Using the USB connection.

In that mode it brought out more dynamics in the upper mid range and higher frequencies. Snare drums were more alive and realistic. It also moved us to the front rows of the orchestra from 20 rows back.

When it was used as the PreAmp, bypassing my McIntosh C1100 and with a network connection replacing the USB input, it brought the room together. Same impressions as initially but with an ease that blended the sound together. It sounded glorious and more ‘live’.

Glorious enough for me to purchase an M3 while I sell off much of my old system and then move to an M21.

The M1SE used in that demo did not have the latest MDx network card which is reported to be another step up in SQ.

Attachments

• 080053BF-173C-4A0C-8743-3C1CAD22F6C4.jpeg
    080053BF-173C-4A0C-8743-3C1CAD22F6C4.jpeg
    560.4 KB · Views: 26

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
The Bricasti MC1 and the Bricasti M3 are in the same price range, but the MC1 seems to have the same technique as the M1.

Matt

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Yesterday evening I contacted Brian Zolner via Email with some questions and got the answer just a few minutes later...
Really great customer support :)

Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: Gjo and Paret

ptman

Dec 23, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I've had my M1 Limited Gold for 5 years and have never considered switching. As noted earlier in this string, support is second to none.

Reactions: Gjo

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
+1 to Bricasti's customer support. I have had consistently exceptional service from Joe over the past couple of years.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Differences between Bricasti M1 and MC1 (according to Bricasti):

The M1 is made for the consumer, no rack mounting, remote, display, volume control, nice feet, networking, and a selection of many filters.
The MC1 is limited to the 2 best ones and is the best of the M1 made to rack mount, simple to use and the extras removed. It has the power supplies from the M12 so in that aspect one might consider it to have an edge over M1.

Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: bazelio

Lxgreen

Jul 27, 2020
Westlake Village, CA, USA
In that case, the MC1 sounds like a very good value. The only stop sign for me is the lack of remote but for those that don’t use or need a remote, i would definitely consider

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing