Bragging Rights Begin In Week 2

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
That was the perfect ending for Sherman.

the interception or the fact that he came across as a thug in his interview post game.

I truly believe that Denver is going to knock the taunting smiles of Sherman and Pete Carroll off their faces by game end

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Well so far, the Las Vegas Odds makers have them even. At one point Seattle was favored by 2 and now I think they have Denver by 1

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
the interception or the fact that he came across as a thug in his interview post game.

Turns out there is a little background to this...

San Francisco 49ers

Print Email Font Resize
Sherman-Crabtree spat was sparked at charity event
By Jon Wilner

jwilner@mercruynews.com
Posted: 01/20/2014 12:47:38 PM PST | Updated: 109 min. ago

Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman and 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree don't like each other.

The mutual dislike began long before the Seahawks beat the 49ers 23-17 Sunday in the NFC Championship game -- long before Crabtree took issue last week with the notion that Sherman is the best cornerback in the NFL.

Their feud began last season during on-field encounters and escalated during an offseason incident at a charity event hosted by Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

The incident was first reported by the Seattle Times on Sunday night in the wake of Sherman's postgame rant about Crabtree on FOX, and Sherman later made brief reference to the incident in a first-person column for SI.com.

But Sherman's brother, Branton, provided details of the incident Monday to this newspaper.

Branton Sherman did not witness the encounter firsthand. The description below is based on Sherman's recounting in a private conversation with his brother.

"Richard was at the charity event with people like Snoop Dog and (former 49ers receiver) Kyle Williams,'' Branton Sherman said. "Richard's a friendly guy, and he saw them sitting around a pool and went over to shake everyone's hand.

"When he got to Crabtree, Crabtree slapped Richard's hand away and stood up like he wanted to fight. Everyone was like, 'Calm down, Crabtree.' Richard said, 'Why are you tripping out. We're off the field.'

"Crabtree wanted to fight but everyone got in the way and backed him down.

"Richard told me about it down the road. He told me he would do Crabtree in the media, and he did. (FOX) caught him right after the game.

"They have a personal vendetta against each other."

Reached Monday morning, Williams acknowledged that he attended the charity event.

The former Arizona State receiver considers Crabtree to be "like a brother" and has known Sherman, a Stanford graduate, since they played against each other in college five years ago.

"I'm not going to get into specifics,'' Williams said. "Those guys" — Richard and Branton Sherman — "can say whatever they want.

Steve, you may also want to read this at MMQB: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/?eref=sihp

Steve Williams

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

QBs of the caliber of Peyton Manning will always play a flawless game when pressure is minimal. I don't expect pressure to be minimal with the Seahawks monster defense. The Superbowl is most often won by defense not the offense. Truth to be told Denver has a good defense , they could well win but don't expect Manning to carve the Seahawks the way he did the depleted Patriots defense, the Seahawks are for real and their DBs are the best in the game at this point however classless Sherman might have been on this occasion. Cam Chancellor is in a class by himslef a LB size safety that would instill fear in more than a receiver

Football in spite of the rise of the Rabbit QBs (RGIII, Wilson, Kaepernick , etc) requires the QBs to read defense and throw the ball well. Kaepernick wasn't able to do that. He is learning the game and for him to win , he has to make less mental mistakes. Let's not be fooled by the hype: before these guys there were running QBs, among the best ever were Joe Maontana (yes, he could run) , Steve Young (as fast as any of the new rabbits) and of course John Elway, when the time came for these guys to win the big game they did it with their arm and understanding of the game, their feet were a nice option not their main game.

Looks like Denver's year but I would not count the Seahawks out too fast , they are build to win ugly and they play that way. Looks like this Superbowl will truly be Super.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
IMO the Seahawks are the best team. Broncos have the best player.
The controversial play by Weller was a block not pass interference . The catch and hit were simultaneous. That makes it a legal block.

Steve Williams

That might be so Mark. I agree completely

As far as I am concerned whatever there was should have died on the field at game end. It all amounts to the worst demonstration I've ever seen in a professional athlete. It was totally classless.

You guys have a great team and proved it on the field. It's all about the team not about the one. It should have ended at the buzzer and you won the bragging rights. Truly a great team. Im not convinced they're the team that's going to win it all and if they do I'll eat humble pie

Steve Williams

Richard Sherman fined by NFL for 'choke' gesture

By Matthew Fairburn SB Nation

The NFL has fined Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman $7,875 for making a choking gesture toward San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick during the NFC Championship on Sunday, according to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee.

Be sure to bookmark SB Nation's complete coverage of Super Bowl XLVIII. Everything from the build up, to live coverage and reactions after the big game, all in one beautiful package.
Sherman made waves for not only talking on the field, but for his postgame interview in which he called out 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree. While the talking didn't get Sherman in much trouble other than in the court of public opinion, the gestures he made were considered taunting and got Sherman in a bit of financial trouble with the league.

Following the game, Sherman tried to shake Crabtree's hand and later admitted it was bad timing to do so. In his postgame press conference, Sherman did not apologize for the gesture he made toward Kaepernick.

"Nah man, it's Reggie Miller," Sherman said in the press conference. "It's rivalries."

Sherman will have an even bigger stage in the Super Bowl on Feb. 2. Maybe the fine and public backlash will be enough to keep him from talking, but that seems like a long shot.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
The Pot Bowl...I can't wait. Being that CO has legal weed up and going sooner, that bodes well for Super Bowl victory...besides the Seahawks game was a slop fest, the Denver/pats game was an education on how to properly play the game.

Steve Williams

To all you guys in Seattle area I have a question. I was reading about Derrick Coleman and that he has been deaf since age 3. How does he not move before the snap of the ball or move too late to be a part of the play.

What a success story he is

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
To all you guys in Seattle area I have a question. I was reading about Derrick Coleman and that he has been deaf since age 3. How does he not move before the snap of the ball or move too late to be a part of the play.

What a success story he is

I would assume he only goes by a visual snap.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing