Blind test protocol inquiery

Hey Flez glad it went well :)
So overall was it a fun evening and did those taking part find it informative/fun for themselves as well?

Also thanks for the prelim results.
Thanks
Orb

Orb - we all had fun, it was very interesting to learn how different perceptions can be on a same group that share the same hobby and how ones personality is reflected not only in how we hear but how we comunicate such perceptions.

I might need to say it was tiresome, enthusiasm and critical listening was vanishing as we were reaching to the end of the session, so it was very important to stick to the governance we agreed on prior starting the event to keep it in a safe field and finalize it accordingly.

Glad to hear that it went well and you all had fun. Do you have the results in a spreadsheet? If so, you can run an ordinary least squares regression to give deeper insight into the patterns of preferences. You can also run correlations for a quick and dirty overview beyond what you can see visually yourself.

Hi mimesis - yes I do have all in a spreadsheet. I understand the "why" but not the "how" for correlation analysis... Should I align a single vector per parameter/observer for all 5 tracks and declare a single set of data with an specific function from Excel?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing