Billions

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
For the past several years I really enjoyed Billions on Showtime and probably considered it my favorite current show. Well I don't know what happened this year but I am wondering if they have Jumped the Shark.

The writing has gone from great to a bit repetitive. Several of the lead characters have become little more than caricatures of themselves. I sure hope it gets back on track.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcarvalho

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I love Billions but it has run its course. The storylines are stupid and the characters have all become unlikeable.

Spoiler if you haven’t watch the 7 episodes this year (which is it for a while since that’s all they filmed).

The only way to save the season is to have Axe be a match for Chuck, Sr.’s kidney.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I watched up to season 2. It was ok.

asindc

Sep 27, 2012
I love Billions but it has run its course. The storylines are stupid and the characters have all become unlikeable.

Spoiler if you haven’t watch the 7 episodes this year (which is it for a while since that’s all they filmed).

The only way to save the season is to have Axe be a match for Chuck, Sr.’s kidney.

Yeah, I was surprised at the coronavirus reference in the last episode. I guess they were still filming in late March.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Haven't watched but good to know. I groaned when at the end of Season 3 it appeared we were going right back to Bobby vs Chuck (again). Heard Killing Eve s3 has the same issue.

Bosch Season 6 might be the best of the series - highly recommended

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Haven't watched but good to know. I groaned when at the end of Season 3 it appeared we were going right back to Bobby vs Chuck (again). Heard Killing Eve s3 has the same issue.

Bosch Season 6 might be the best of the series - highly recommended

My wife and I started watching Bosch about 2 weeks ago. We love it. We are almost done with season 3. A couple episodes ago Maddie, his daughter, said he was like a turtle and he doesn't let anyone into his shell. Perfect description.

Back to Billions...

Even though some of the story lines are weak, it is still entertaining.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Well, it's inevitable when the novelty wears off.
I just started watching Billions recently (thank you, coronavirus!), and at first, I couldn't believe how they had stretched that particular Bobby x Axe feud for that many seasons... And yet, they did, and it was fairly enjoyable :)
I think that, like in any good series, the secret of the success is in the supporting characters, and their developments, like, for instance, Chuck Sr. in the latest season.
And as far as believability goes, I never thought the series had much in the way of that :)

cheers,
Alex

PS: Bosch rules :)

Reactions: KeithR

assessor43

Nov 1, 2018
Best series Ive seen was Mad Men until that last episode. It stunk. What a way to end such a great series.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Up to season 4 were excellent. The fifth was disappointing except for that WWF scene end of first episode and chuck's speech for election.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing