Best 10 min workout to boost energy?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
There is music for that. Just a little lovin' early in th mornin'. Dianne Reeves for one.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ah the thread revived! Thanks Gresham but I can't stand treadmills. I have bad knees. In stress tests I can easily get up to level five heart and lung wise but the pain is too much. To try and protect my knees I change my stride in a way that makes my shins and calves burn up.

I've settled on some very basic core c/o my wife who does Pilates and dynamic balance exercises c/o my golf pro. Turned out to be just what I needed. So much so that it makes me want to do more. Nice!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
What if you have sex on a spinning bike?

Tim

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well I figure it would be marginally easier than sex on a treadmill ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yes Lee, home equipment is for chumps. Doin' it while hanging off a trimaran outrigger....now THAT is a great upper body work out.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I'm going to throw my $0.02 in and give kudos to Lee. Shortly after we opened the site there were threads I started on exercise equipment. After many conversations with Lee I purchased a Life Fitnesse stationary bike and a Life Fitnesse Elliptical. Both are the club versions

With some motivation by Lee I started on a regular (almost daily) exercise routine and since then I have lost 55 lbs. I feel a 100% better and my arthritic knees are far less symptomatic.

Thanks Lee

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I'm going to throw my $0.02 in and give kudos to Lee. Shortly after we opened the site there were threads I started on exercise equipment. After many conversations with Lee I purchased a Life Fitnesse stationary bike and a Life Fitnesse Elliptical. Both are the club versions

With some motivation by Lee I started on a regular (almost daily) exercise routine and since then I have lost 55 lbs. I feel a 100% better and my arthritic knees are far less symptomatic.

Thanks Lee
Whoa!!!! That's utterly fantastic. 55? I wonder if I'd still recognize you!!!

I look forward to getting the elliptical as part of my regular exercise regime. I'm still waiting for my foot to recover a bit more.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You weren't big when I saw you Steve. I'm guessing a large chunk of the 55 pounds was before I visited? BTW the chumps thing was a joke in response to Tim's and Lee's horsing around (see above) :)

Steve Williams

I avoid impact exercises to preserve my knees. The investment wasn't cheap because I bought the Club versions but amortized over the rest of my life with the 55 lb weight loss (I am aiming for another 10-15 lbs more) gives me an overall healthier feeling (duh), so much so that my knees actually feel better after exercise.

Steve Williams

You weren't big when I saw you Steve. I'm guessing a large chunk of the 55 pounds was before I visited? BTW the chumps thing was a joke in response to Tim's and Lee's horsing around (see above) :)

I have lost 20 lbs since you were at my house Jack

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow! Okay. I'm hitting the elliptical. The gym is only a five minute walk away. Like you running is definitely out though at least until I've strengthened my ligaments back up and lost more weight. I'm down 15 from my visit which is pretty much what I put on in that trip. I've got 35 pounds to go but the going has been inconsistent. I've yet to embrace the lifestyle change that is needed.

BTW, I'm in Hawaii now but won't get to go to the mainland. Drat! January is looking like a very big possibility :)

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
THAT IS INCREDIBLE WORK, STEVE!!!

You should be proud. You are the one doing the work. It would be easy for anybody, especially with an audio system like yours, to "blow off the workout" & sit in the listening chair.

Kudos.

Lee

Steve Williams

Wow! Okay. I'm hitting the elliptical. The gym is only a five minute walk away. Like you running is definitely out though at least until I've strengthened my ligaments back up and lost more weight. I'm down 15 from my visit which is pretty much what I put on in that trip. I've got 35 pounds to go but the going has been inconsistent. I've yet to embrace the lifestyle change that is needed.

BTW, I'm in Hawaii now but won't get to go to the mainland. Drat! January is looking like a very big possibility :)

Jack

if January is a possibility we need to plan our trip to The French Laundry-----now there's a way to gain it all back in one meal ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Add Danko to FL and yes that's worth it! Jim and I are dead set on CES and San Francisco. French Laundry it is! I hope the butter poached lobster claws are on the menu. Are you doing CES next year Steve? I didn't get to dine at Alex. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Our wives will be with us, definitely. They'd skip Vegas but never SF.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I was running 3 miles every day with some pain that I thought would eventually go away,. it didn't until .. I "discovered' the elliptical machine ... A godsend ...At least 40 minutes each day on the machine at mid to high resistance, my knees are no longer hurting and even seem to be healing. Seems however that one needs some impact on the bones to firm them up .. So I am taking up some walking and hiking at least twice a week ...

On the subject of energy boost: On the advices of Lee here, I increased my intake of protein to at least 90 grams a day... it is working, I haven't gotten bigger but the muscles tones have improved. I have also modified my diet slightly, I am aiming for a low carb diet. Not a Low fat diet. Low carb with plenty of good fats (Olive Oil, Coconut OIl, Real Butter, Ghee). My diet continue to be mostly vegetarian but my main source of protein is undenatured whey (NOW or Biochem) and fish ..
Low carbng seems to improve the energy level of most people .. Mine since I have been low carbing is very much up. NOT Low fat people , I repeat .. Low carb..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing