Ayon audio Vulcan III monos driving Thiel CS 3.7

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Do any of you guys think it would be possible for me to drive my Thiel CS 3.7 speakers with a pair of Ayon audio Vulcan III monos 55 watts in pure class A ? or should i stick with a powerful solid-state amp.
Any experience please comment.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
just say no to SET with those bad boy speakers. Perhaps an Orthos II or III? Audionet Max may be holographic though.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Speaking for myself, i have tended to enjoy Thiels with high-current, powerful amps. I have heard them Krell KAS-2s i think, as well as Forte 4s (the Class A 50-watters)...that has been the way i have enjoyed Thiels...some of their best characteristics seemed to me to thrive on the current, open up, free up and really become more lyrical while maintain all the discipline and control Thiels were designed for.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
just say no to SET with those bad boy speakers. Perhaps an Orthos II or III? Audionet Max may be holographic though.

Hi Peter have you ever compared the Vulcan III and the Orthos ?
The Orthos is much more powerful but pehaps not in the same league as the Vulcan in terms of quality.
My dealer just received a pair of brand new Vulcan Evo with 82B tubes.
Might as well give it a try with my speakers since i'm going to try out a full Karan system on them at his place.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hi Peter have you ever compared the Vulcan III and the Orthos ?
The Orthos is much more powerful but pehaps not in the same league as the Vulcan in terms of quality.
My dealer just received a pair of brand new Vulcan Evo with 82B tubes.
Might as well give it a try with my speakers since i'm going to try out a full Karan system on them at his place.

I believe the new Evo is quite special . Look forward with interest to your feedback . Thanks .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing