Avior

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Radio silence for a week.
Have you sold the Aviors ?
Pradeep

Oh far from it!! I am just speechless at what I am hearing. Truth be told, it's quite a revealing experience, especially, in terms of scale, base weight and texture. The Aviors have now clocked over 100 hours in just over a week and the biggest difference has been the tautness in the bass and the sheer weight. I am loving the way these speakers envelope you with the music. I am a bit ginger turning up the volume beyond a point, nut I am going to just that in a day or two....man, the woofer excursion is frightening

More to come...watch the space!

Cheers

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Oh far from it!! I am just speechless at what I am hearing. Truth be told, it's quite a revealing experience, especially, in terms of scale, base weight and texture. The Aviors have now clocked over 100 hours in just over a week and the biggest difference has been the tautness in the bass and the sheer weight. I am loving the way these speakers envelope you with the music. I am a bit ginger turning up the volume beyond a point, nut I am going to just that in a day or two....man, the woofer excursion is frightening

More to come...watch the space!

Cheers

Congrats Sujay and enjoy...look forward to reading more about your great speakers. Big fan of Rockports!

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
@Malaysia

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Brilliant, brilliant!!!! What more can I say.

+1...what a great assembly of components. I daresay they sound absolutely INCREDIBLE together. CH, Gryphon and Rockport...fantastic.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
+1...what a great assembly of components. I daresay they sound absolutely INCREDIBLE together. CH, Gryphon and Rockport...fantastic.
Plus the Burmester ... 808 I think ....

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
+ 2. Congrats Sujay on assembling a truly outstanding system. Gryphon with Rockport are a no brainer for synergy, and you've gone for one of the best amps in the world, paired with one of the best dacs at the moment (CH). Very enviable rig!

Last edited:

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
+ 2. Congrats Sujay on assembling a truly outstanding system. Gryphon with Rockport are a no brainer for synergy, and you've gone for one of the best amps in the world, paired with one of the best dacs at the moment (CH). Very enviable rig!
Sujay
Have you moved to Malaysia ?
Cheers

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore

Guess, that congrats was meant for jazz head who has the burmester 808 preamp....wonder how i missed that being a burmester fan myself! Thanks bodhi, all the same!!

One day, I shall move up to the 808 myself.......hopefully, soon

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Sujay
Have you moved to Malaysia ?
Cheers

Oh, no....confusion galore! I am still in sunny Johannesburg! I thing the reference to the mighty burmester 808 caused all the confusion given i have a full burmester system, other than the speakers, of course!

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Hi jazzhead, actually I completely agree.... You have one incredible rig there! I am quite keen to hear your views on the burmester - gryphon combination. The 808 with the Mephisto must be quite something, though I confess this is the first time I have come across this arrangement.

Great to have your views - though I realize this is an Avior forum

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Hi jazzhead, actually I completely agree.... You have one incredible rig there! I am quite keen to hear your views on the burmester - gryphon combination. The 808 with the Mephisto must be quite something, though I confess this is the first time I have come across this arrangement.

Great to have your views - though I realize this is an Avior forum
Confusion confounded.
Last I visited Jazzhead he had a Wavac pre !
Have a great weekend
Pradeep

Namaste

Feb 20, 2013
The system as posted by Jazzhead neither belongs to him nor Sujay. It belongs to someone in Malaysia. This will clear all confusion.

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
The system as posted by Jazzhead neither belongs to him nor Sujay. It belongs to someone in Malaysia. This will clear all confusion.

Thanks, very considerate indeed! It does. Nevertheless, God Bless whoever owns that system.

Cheers

Sujay

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Geshi
Audio sleuth par excellence

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Apologies for any confusion , just pictures I wanted to share . It is situated in Malaysia as the heading of my post indicated . My rig is as listed on my profile page .

Metronome Kalista Ref Transport / Stahl Tek Transport plus ABC ( incoming)
Vitus Masterpiece DAC/ Stahl Tek Opus Prime DAC
Vitus Masterpiece Pre Amp / Wavac PRT-1 pre-amp
Vitus Signature Power Amp
Marten Coltrane 2 with Stillpoint Ultra 5's
Nordost Thor + 2 Nordost Qv2
Stillpoint SS Ultra under every component + Stillpoint Component stands under certain equipment
Finite Elemente Pagode Ref Rack
Stage 3 AES/EBU Chimaera Digital
Stage 3 Gryphon I/C X 2
Stage 3 Mantikor S/C
Stage 3 Kraken P/C X 6
A few tweaks

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Apologies for any confusion , just pictures I wanted to share . It is situated in Malaysia as the heading of my post indicated . My rig is as listed on my profile page .

Stillpoint SS Ultra under every component + Stillpoint Component stands under certain equipment
Stage 3 Gryphon I/C X 2
Stage 3 Mantikor S/C
Stage 3 Kraken P/C X 6
A few tweaks

The Coltrane 2 is an under rated speaker. :)

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore

Stage 3 Gryphon I/C X 2
Stage 3 Mantikor S/C
Stage 3 Kraken P/C X 6
A few tweaks

Hi jazzhead, no sweat at all!!

In fact as I see it u don't take any prisoners anyways! That's a killer system u have yourself. (-:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing