Avantgarde Acoustics Duo GT

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I kind of miss the old version which was quite imposing in real life. Everything must change.
R (2).jpg

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
The new one looks much more "polished". Roy certainly gave a stellar review of them.

I thought the sounded good at AXPONA. In fact, I think the Duo sounded better this year in that room than the Trio's did last year. Maybe turning the system 90 degrees was a good thing.

Kozak170

Aug 8, 2019
Roy Gregory has also heard Avantgarde G3 with Kondo Ongaku and he thinks that iTron is completely superior in terms of dynamics, accuracy, timing and presence.
Now the question arises, is this Curret Drive system also able to compete with the best SETs in terms of tone color and texture? And do better than them with new AGs?

"Oh, you’ve got an Ongaku (or some other, fabled SET)? I don’t care: the iTron will kill pretty much any standalone amplifier – and it will do it at a fraction of the price! It’s faster, more accurate, more dynamic, more precise and with far more natural timing, presence and immediacy than any voltage amplifier at anywhere even close to its price"

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
I heard the iTron with the new Trios ánd Unos. It IS a revolution. But don’t worry, it is only used by Avantgarde because they are the only ones who pulled it of. ;) .I am going to hear the iTron Duo GT this month. Will keep you posted. BTW, I think other manufacturers are crying and laughing at the same time. Crying because they know they cannot beat the iTron/Avantgarde sound quality. Laughing because they know that sound quality is second to prejudices within the audiophile community. Some are shouting I HEAR HORN COLORIZATION before the first note has been played, others won’t accept that their ueber power amp is trumped. And finally, the industry likes to make a lot of money: selling power amps, preferably mono blocks is the way to go;)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing