Audioquest

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
I’m trying out Audioquest diamond ethernet cable. Does anyone know how to turn the bias on? There’s a button that when you push it a green light comes on. How do you keep it on? It’s crazy that there’s no directions on this.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
The bias is always on. The green light indicates that the battery is still good. You don’t need to do anything for it to work.

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
yeah, I've owned this cable for both my systems (desktop and reference) and they are just meh IMO. I have a TQ Silver Diamond which sounds great by comparison. Nothing from Audioquest has ever impressed me quite honestly, in all my years of hifi and their power cables are stiff as all hell. I mostly owned the AQ Diamond out of necessity because at the time they were the only company producing USB-c termination. I've since sold them and never looked back. IMO AQ is just a sufficient cable for USB, there are MUCH better options out there. TQ for example, but there are so many these days. Truth is, USB in my opinion is not going to be the preferred connection in a few years anyway so I am opting for different connections which all sound better in my system.

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
yeah, I've owned this cable for both my systems (desktop and reference) and they are just meh IMO. I have a TQ Silver Diamond which sounds great by comparison. Nothing from Audioquest has ever impressed me quite honestly, in all my years of hifi and their power cables are stiff as all hell. I mostly owned the AQ Diamond out of necessity because at the time they were the only company producing USB-c termination. I've since sold them and never looked back. IMO AQ is just a sufficient cable for USB, there are MUCH better options out there. TQ for example, but there are so many these days. Truth is, USB in my opinion is not going to be the preferred connection in a few years anyway so I am opting for different connections which all sound better in my system.
You know this cable is ethernet not USB.

Reactions: skids929

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
You know this cable is ethernet not USB.
DOh! I have USB on the brain..I have one of their Ethernet cables as well, a longer length. It too is just ok. When I tested Ethernet a while back the Eno cable I had at the time, and the Revelation Audio both were better for my shorter run. I actually need about 24' of quality Ethernet cable to replace the AQ Cinnamon I have running beneath my house in my crawl from my Router/Switch, to the final destination of my server/audio components. You like your Sablon is sounds like.

Last edited:

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
So far not impressed. My sablon cable is better. More body where Audioquest is thin. So disappointed so far.
As an aside, it’s my understanding that Audioquest’s Diamond Ethernet was the target Shunyata aimed to beat - but not with their top cable, but with their least expensive cable the Venom. The story further goes that they weren’t going to enter the Ethernet cable market unless they had hit that goal.

Reactions: skids929

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing