Audionet Scientist Series: Humboldt Integrated vs Stern and Heisenberg Separates : Having Your Cake and Eating it Too?

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
The Aries Cerat preamps are my favorite pre's bar none. The combination of the Incito S with the MAXs gives the Humboldt a serious run for the Money.
At this time, I can only imagine that an AC preamp driving the Heisenbergs would be Nirvana (for now ;)).

• Wow
Reactions: Zappadaddy

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
The Aries Cerat preamps are my favorite pre's bar none. The combination of the Incito S with the MAXs gives the Humboldt a serious run for the Money.
At this time, I can only imagine that an AC preamp driving the Heisenbergs would be Nirvana (for now ;)).
Thanks that's very good news because i'm actually considering pairing an AC pre with a top notch SS amp.
An Impera ll with a pair of Heisenberg would be spectacular indeed :p

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
Thanks that's very good news because i'm actually considering pairing an AC pre with a top notch SS amp.
An Impera ll with a pair of Heisenberg would be spectacular indeed :p
FWIW, Having owned the Diablo 300 before and now the Humboldt, I would suspect the Humboldt will drive your Theil CS3.7 speakers with more authority than the Humboldt (yes, I know what the specs say), but I'm not certain that it will be 'enough' amplifier for you...
Good luck!!

Last edited:

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
FWIW, Having owned the Diablo 300 before and now the Humboldt, I would suspect the Humboldt will drive your Theil CS3.7 speakers with more authority than the Humboldt (yes, I know what the specs say), but I'm not certain that it will be 'enough' amplifier for you...
Good luck!!
Well i have a home demo of the Humboldt coming, it will be interesting to hear how much better the Humboldt is compared to the Diablo 300.

Lungholt

Nov 21, 2021
So now the humboldt is playing my livingroom, its really a big upgrade!! Thanks for all your replies. Now i have a new task at hand; adding a source. I mostly listen to TIDAL/roon and have a cable connection. Do you have any ideas? I am looking at ps audio, lumin t2 and chord qutest.
Br Anders

Reactions: ICUToo

FDPDK

May 15, 2021
Denmark
Well Anders , as a Lumin X1 owner myself i will say Lumin T2, as Lumin in my eyes bring at lot as well as musicallity and details.

Reactions: Lungholt

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
A qutest (whilst a great DAC) isn't in the same league as a Humboldt - would seem a bit of a mismatch to me.

Reactions: Lungholt and ICUToo

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
So now the humboldt is playing my livingroom, its really a big upgrade!! Thanks for all your replies. Now i have a new task at hand; adding a source. I mostly listen to TIDAL/roon and have a cable connection. Do you have any ideas? I am looking at ps audio, lumin t2 and chord qutest.
Br Anders
You need to move up to a DAC like the Aries Cerat or the Mola Mola Tambaqui.

Having personally heard both with the Humboldt, they are in the same class for sure, the Tamaqui and Humboldt especially is like Ginger Rogers and Fred Astair..

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: Zappadaddy

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Totaldac.

Puma Cat

Feb 20, 2011
SF East Bay Area
You need to move up to a DAC like the Aries Cerat or the Mola Mola Tambaqui.

Having personally heard both with the Humboldt, they are in the same class for sure, the Tamaqui and Humboldt especially is like Ginger Rogers and Fred Astair..
I'd rather have a "Mikhail Baryshnikov and Natalia Makarova"....but that's just me.

Reactions: lordcloud

ICUToo

Sep 20, 2021
Last edited:

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Now i have a new task at hand; adding a source. I mostly listen to TIDAL/roon and have a cable connection. Do you have any ideas?
I am using the Lampizator Baltic 3 as source for my Audionet Stern/Heisenberg, in my ears a perfect match
(using an Antipodes Musicserver) .

I had asked Lukasz to paint the Baltic 3 complete (chassis and front) in Audionet silver and to use the white front light.

So now they are a even better perfect match :)

Reactions: Lungholt and heihei

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I am using the Lampizator Baltic 3 as source for my Audionet Stern/Heisenberg, in my ears a perfect match
(using an Antipodes Musicserver) .

I had asked Lukasz to paint the Baltic 3 complete (chassis and front) in Audionet silver and to use the white front light.

So now they are a even better perfect match :)
We need pictures!

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Very cool - like it!

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Hi there,
as a fellow Humboldt user I am very interested in your wood pieces underneath and on the amp. I am racking my brain how to implement Shun mook giant footers with the Humbold. The ventilation holes at the back underneath prevent placement of the footers. Great looking setup by the way :)!

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing