Audio Mirror dac after 15 hrs of use

Rocknroll

Jun 3, 2023
After approximately 15 hrs of listening, Vlads Tubadour V dac is opening up nicely. I was impressed right out of the box and it is progressively improving with use. Hearing sounds in my cds for the first time. I am predominately a vinyl listener getting started in the early 70s with Pioneer amp and micro seiki tt. This dac with Jays Audio transport competes with my Rega and MW PH9.0X turntable rig. I am not good at describing all the details of the sonics so I won't, but the Tubadour is worth a listen to anyone interested. Enjoy the music!

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

mg248

Mar 24, 2021
Are you using I2S or how do you connect them?

What are your impressions 2 months later?

Rocknroll

Jun 3, 2023
After a couple months with Tubadour it is sounding a better yet. I would say in the bass area. Not good with descriptions but I would say very realistic. Rivals my turntable and maybe even surpasses it in some areas. Enjoyable. I do use I2s.

jtcfdog

Apr 22, 2023
I've owned a Tubadour Dac for going on three years now with a Cambridge CXC.I'm not unhappy with the CXC but the drawer is beginning to malfunction,so I've got a Jays transport on the way to replace it.I'm hoping it will be a huge upgrade in all aspects, not one of those times four things improve and one thing sounds significantly worse. Sometimes I just want to plug and play without a lot of tweaking. Your post @Rocknroll gives me comfort as I wait

Rocknroll

Jun 3, 2023
I hope you enjoy the Jays. Well built. I have owned mine roughly 3 years and have been happy with it. It does take some time to warm up. I figure 1/2 hour or so. Keep us posted after you get a chance to listen. Yours will probably be a newer model and I am not familiar with the changes. Hopefully a step up for you.

jtcfdog

Apr 22, 2023
It's actually a second hand mk2,one of those too good to refuse deals.It should arrive Friday and I'll definitely come back and describe what happens.

Rocknroll

Jun 3, 2023
Good deal. I use the I2s connection. I heard it was the best sound and have never tried another. Perhaps I should out of curiosity.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing