audio issues.smh

ScorpioTheMessiah

Mar 2, 2020
recently I had a focusrite scarlett solo 2nd gen(my software is audacity and i use a audio technica at2020 mic) and while getting up to record I dropped it and the cable port snapped to the side,before I realized it everything worked fine(the gain on my interface was all the way down and the mic volume In audacity was at 100 and I was recording in mono and my vocals came in loud and full),then when I realized it I snapped it back into place and I noticed a drop in my audio.smh I replaced the interface(upgraded to the focusrite scarlett solo gen3) and the xrl cable but still I noticed a drop and now i have to turn my gain on my interface to 1 and record in stereo to even notice a difference.smh anybody out there know why this is and possibly have a solution? ive tried all the different settings-troubleshooting that I was advised to do but still no luck.i appreciate any help cuz im at a loss and ive been putting my setup together for 3 years now and im not that audio tech savvy.lbs

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing