Audio Critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
This is supposed to be fun. Sometimes, the sellers and others come here to criticize members all the while constantly touting what they are selling.
Well … Lets face it Karmeli has no real need to attend in person , ever since his flounce from the forum , he has assets already in place in order to promote his wares well enough … exhibit post

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
And suddenly he was just talking to himself again ! :rolleyes:
Lagonda
If you check my posts in WBF and other forums you will realize that I like peace and respect and I have no interest to bother anybody. this hobby is fun for all of us and no need to war.
you can check my conversation with some members like bonzo, microstrip, AI M, Carlos269, Argonaut and see my reaction to their disrespectful behavior was silence.
here is a place for sharing information not insulting to members.
I listen to any idea or any critic from any member but if you check this topic there is no critic and it is just ridicule words.

Reactions: Stef

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lagonda
If you check my posts in WBF and other forums you will realize that I like peace and respect and I have no interest to bother anybody. this hobby is fun for all of us and no need to war.
you can check my conversation with some members like bonzo, microstrip, AI M, Carlos269, Argonaut and see my reaction to their disrespectful behavior was silence.
here is a place for sharing information not insulting to members.
I listen to any idea or any critic from any member but if you check this topic there is no critic and it is just ridicule words.
The above post is not at all respectful.

your whole condescending attitude is only what you read and decide to share (from members who have already shared it on forums and whom we can directly read) is what is correct in Audio.

e.g., "no one knows what's going on, but I, Amir, hereby declare that what Peter Q, DDk, Romy and Roy Gregory say, is correct. The fact that you guys have read it and made your decision to/not to agree/disagree with that is immaterial. So let me quote it back to you. "

Last edited:

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Amir, I visited an audiophile a few weeks ago. He has a wonderful system, but the sound was a bit off. We spent an evening listening to a wide selection of music. The next day, David Karmeli and a couple of us basically removed all connections all footers a bunch of acoustic treatments, silver contact paste, and a bunch of other stuff. All wires were changed to the stuff that David brought with him. We listened again to the same music, and the system was completely transformed. The contrast between different records was increased, but more importantly, all the music sounded more natural. That is dynamic contrast improved, timbre was more accurate, and the system basically came alive. The new wires were all copper.

Peter, David is an expert and I am so sorry he is not here to share his information to us. I like his audio thinking and I regard his valid experience. thank you for sharing your experience.
what I say is some audiophiles believe "the subjective experience is relative to listener so all audio judgments are not absolute, for example Lagonda prefer MBL, Ron prefer Gryphon, ..." .
the question is who is right? MBL or Gryphon or ... which is better? their answer is we do not have absolute and it depends on taste.
my answer is they are wrong and we can use a valid subjective method for comparison. "the comparison by contrast" method is the key and most impressive expensive modern audio equipments fail to get good score. this is the way you can realize why David @ddk does not like most modern dead speakers.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Yes, it's plainly wrong.

Amir writes:
"Some audiophiles think every audiophile has personal taste and audio judgment is relative not absolute.
I think this is not true."

Of course it's true. I have multiple proof of that in my personal experience. Heck, audiophiles sitting next to each other in a live concert sometimes cannot even agree on the sound of what they hear. So how could they agree about stereo systems which, since no system can do everything equally well, necessarily distill out of the live music experience and emphasize certain things more than others, according to the taste and listening priorities of the owner?
I think you did not read the article PDF file carefully so you did not get the point.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I can’t manage to close my eyes and look the other way, ignore, pretend or let things go when I know that what is being stated is wrong. Silence is consent.

you have no critic and no answer to this topic, your posts all are off-topic here.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Peter, David is an expert and I am so sorry he is not here to share his information to us. I like his audio thinking and I regard his valid experience. thank you for sharing your experience.
what I say is some audiophiles believe "the subjective experience is relative to listener so all audio judgments are not absolute, for example Lagonda prefer MBL, Ron prefer Gryphon, ..." .
the question is who is right? MBL or Gryphon or ... which is better? their answer is we do not have absolute and it depends on taste.
my answer is they are wrong and we can use a valid subjective method for comparison. "the comparison by contrast" method is the key and most impressive expensive modern audio equipments fail to get good score. this is the way you can realize why David @ddk does not like most modern dead speakers.
Amir given that you have such clear and direct commercial interest in selling gear that (I’d guess) David Karmeli would probably rail against and unlikely approve of at all makes your quoting and constant references to DDK in your audio mantra seems fairly hollow and inauthentic.. you own and sell modern dead speakers from TAD Laboratories, driven by Vitus Audio, digital sources from Weiss Engineering, fancy Skogrand Cables and let’s not even get started on Living Voice UK, Audio Note UK, Acrolink and Wellfloat… you would possibly be the least invested DDK acolyte imaginable.

I also find a lot of value in David’s ideas but maybe people who actually walk the walk with David’s approaches like Peter and Tim just seem more real when strongly advocating David’s ideas. You can’t just setup a soap box thread and claim the critical high ground on gear assessment by just posting links to propagate the ideas of others and then hard critique the validity of other’s gear choices and closing down the opposing ideas from others in this topic while claiming all the time to be respectful… ironic doesn’t really begin to cover the awkward reality of it or do any of it justice at all really… and genuinely respectfully… it’s great you want to contribute to thinking about assessment process but you could pull it all in a bit and respect the position and ideas of others as well, after all these are all just subjective personal opinions.

Last edited:

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Amir given that you have such clear and direct commercial interest in selling gear that (I’d guess) David Karmeli would probably rail against and unlikely approve of at all that your constant references and quoting of DDK in your audio mantra seems fairly hollow and inauthentic.. you own and sell modern dead speakers from TAD Laboratories, driven by Vitus Audio, digital sources from Weiss Engineering, fancy Skogrand Cables and let’s not even get started on Living Voice UK, Audio Note UK, Acrolink and Wellfloat… you would possibly be the least invested DDK acolyte imaginable.

I also find a lot of value in David’s ideas but maybe people who actually walk the walk with David’s approaches like Peter and Tim just seem more real when strongly advocating David’s ideas. You can’t just setup a soap box thread and claim the critical high ground on gear assessment by just posting links to propagate the ideas of others and then hard critique the validity of other’s gear choices and closing down the opposing ideas from others in this topic while claiming all the time to be respectful… ironic doesn’t really begin to cover the awkward reality of it or do any of it justice at all really… and genuinely respectfully… it’s great you want to contribute to thinking about assessment process but you could pull it all in a bit and respect the position and ideas of others as well, these are all just personal opinions.

I think you and Kedar both like off-topic. who asked you (and Kedar) to share your ideas about me?
this topic is about audio critique and if you have any answer or any critic please share, if not please leave here.
if I start to judge you and Kedar I can do that but this forum is not a place for war.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
I think you and Kedar both like off-topic. who asked you (and Kedar) to share your ideas about me?
this topic is about audio critique and if you have any answer or any critic please share, if not please leave here.
if I start to judge you and Kedar I can do that but this forum is not a place for non-sense words.
Is this how you answer any ideas that challenge your position? How is this a respectful or reasonable response to some genuinely authentic questions?

Reactions: bonzo75

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Is this how your answer any ideas that challenge your position? How is this a respectful or reasonable response to some genuinely authentic questions?
please write your questions clearly and I will answer to you.
this topic is about audio critique and in continue the "comparison by contrast" method.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
this topic is about audio critique and in continue the "comparison by contrast" method discussed here.
You made this thread about you, calling it audio critique or film critique does not change the message

Reactions: the sound of Tao

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Gentlemen, please allow me to remind you all of our goal here at the WBF -

Our goal is to have a friendly place where everyone shares ideas and information without the level of bickering and angst that other forums tend to create.

The recent posts are not achieving this goal. Please, if you are going to post something, post about the subject matter. Do not direct your post toward a particular member. This goes for not only this thread but others.

The thread will be closed for now. The moderation team will decide whether or not to open it back up for further discussion.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing