Atlanta Georgia Area

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Hello all,

Is there anything audio happening in the Atlanta Georgia area soon? Thanks for keeping a new guy and audio lover to this beautiful area informed. Also where can I go to hear good audio systems? :)

jazzbo

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Jazzbo-I remember that you said you were wondering if there were any good FM stations where you live and were thinking about getting an FM tuner. I have a Mitsubishi DF 200A tuner that I will give you if you are interested. It is a good enough tuner to let you know if there are stations in your area that you like and then want to invest in a better FM tuner. All I ask is that you pay shipping charges to your house (and I live in Indiana so it shouldn’t be much). PM me if you are interested.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Jazzbo. There is only one that I know of that is close to you and close date-wise. Within a 2 or 3 hour drive of you, Carverfest will be held between September 7th through the 17th. You'll get to meet Mr. Carver and audition a plethora of gear [not all of it is Carver gear]. If you are interested in attending, just drop me a line. It is located right off of Highway 74, just west of Bryson City and you'll be hard pressed to see a more laid back, fun atmosphere. The beautiful scenery doesn't hurt either as it is located smack dab in the middle of the Shenandoah mountains.

Nice offer, mep.

Tom.

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Mep please forgive me for missing this post from you. I just posted some general info about myself as an introduction. Do you know that I had that same tuner some years ago and found it to be a great tuner. If you still have it I will gladly accept it sir. On the other hand, if you've given it to someone else that is kind of you as well. I have got to start visiting this great forum more often. Thanks again for you very big heart.

jazzbo :)

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
Good evening Treitz3,

I have also got to apologize to you as well. I am just getting back to this forum and must learn to return more often. I would have loved to attend the CarverFest and know it was fun, fun, fun. When I visited Georgia last year in April, I attended a great audio show and hope it will return again this year now that I am living here. I have an audio system which I am very fond of, but I love to hear better and more expensive system. And that usually happens when I get an opportunity to attend an audio show. Thank you sir for thinking of me. Your kindness is very much appreciated.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello once again and no worries, Jazzbo. Next year will be one I don't think you will want to miss. We are planning an official "roast" for Bob while at the same time, he'll be returning the favor. He's planning on having everybody who wants to build a pair of "mini" speakers based upon his new line array speakers that will be featured this weekend at the RMAF. Good times, good fun, good friends and scenery that is some of the best on the East coast.

Bring your other half, if you can. There is much to do in the mountains!

Tom

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Mep please forgive me for missing this post from you. I just posted some general info about myself as an introduction. Do you know that I had that same tuner some years ago and found it to be a great tuner. If you still have it I will gladly accept it sir. On the other hand, if you've given it to someone else that is kind of you as well. I have got to start visiting this great forum more often. Thanks again for you very big heart.

I still have it and I am still willing to give it to you for the cost of shipping. Send me a PM with your shipping info and I will figure out what it will cost to ship. It shouldn't be much since GA isn't that far away. I won't be able to ship until after I return from RMAF.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing