ARC GSi75 Review

caesar

May 30, 2010
Dude, it's Ken Kessler. He's one of ARC's primary marketers! What else would you expect him to say?

His only complaint is that this piece is an integrated. Great criticism skills on display! Just as one would expect from a high end audio reviewer.

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
I enjoyed Ken's review.

It answered all the questions I had about the GSi75.

If it wasn't so large, I'd buy one to replace my Devialet 400.

uncle_dito

Dec 8, 2015
Madrid, Spain
I enjoyed Ken's review.

It answered all the questions I had about the GSi75.

If it wasn't so large, I'd buy one to replace my Devialet 400.

Hi Dan,
I am looking to upgrade my ARC VT100mkIII power amp, and considering whether Ref75SE or GSi75 would drive my B&W803D well. But at some moment the Devialet 400 also crossed my mind. What have you missed in the Devialet that would make you move to ARC (e.g. GSi75) if size was not an issue?

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Hi Dan,
I am looking to upgrade my ARC VT100mkIII power amp, and considering whether Ref75SE or GSi75 would drive my B&W803D well. But at some moment the Devialet 400 also crossed my mind. What have you missed in the Devialet that would make you move to ARC (e.g. GSi75) if size was not an issue?

Sorry for the delay in answering your question.

I went from a ARC REF 75 to the D400.

The D400 has much better low end control, but I miss the low level detail and 3D images I had with the tubes.

The REF 75 had no problem driving my WA S3s with their 87 db sensitiviy, so the new REF 75SE or GSi75 should drive your speakers.

uncle_dito

Dec 8, 2015
Madrid, Spain
Thanks mauidan,
Really apreciated. I think I would also value more those mid/high attributes than a more controlled bass!

Sorry for the delay in answering your question.

I went from a ARC REF 75 to the D400.

The D400 has much better low end control, but I miss the low level detail and 3D images I had with the tubes.

The REF 75 had no problem driving my WA S3s with their 87 db sensitiviy, so the new REF 75SE or GSi75 should drive your speakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing