Any vintage/classic sports car owners in this forum

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
Hi ,

What kind of vintage/classic sports car do you have or collect? Does vintage/classic sports car enthusiasts also means your into or using vintage/classic equipment?

tdh888

DS-21

Aug 23, 2010
My classic (decidedly a non-sports car) is a 1968.5 Citroën DS-21 Pallas in white with black leather interior named Eponine. She is in slightly rough shape right now. A resto is definitely in order. I just haven't had the time to figure out the logistics of it.

I bought Eponine in the mid-1990s at 17. She was first car, and will be my last car.

Though I suppose my daily driver is getting on in years now too, and it is a bona fide sports car (2001 Mazda Miata SE, the one in BRG with a Nardi wood steering wheel and shift knob, tan leather seats, and tan canvas-look vinyl top). I'd actually love to replace it, but nothing else at any price feels like as much of a driver's car (including "NC" generation Miatas) except for the Lotus Elise. The thing that has kept me from buying an Elise is the difficulty of ingress/egress. The sills are huge, and I'm just too tall to do it gracefully. I have tried. I've test-driven Elises several times with intent to buy.

As for vintage audio equipment, not really. Unless 1990s-era separate magnet, Tulip-waveguide Tannoy Dual Concentrics count.

Last edited:

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
I agree theres nothing like a 1st generation Miata compared to the newer Miata's .Always wanted to have one as a daily driver or commute. the lotus Elise is also a fantastic car,specially for me I like the first generation car. But when the 1st time a friend of mine gave me a ride,ingress /egress was difficult for me. And in our humid/hot weather its an impractical propositon. Your DS -21 is definitely your last and only car for sentimental reasons. Among the Citroen's the one I like the most was the SM model. But very expensive to restore and maintain.

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
A '65 Porsche 356 Euro C Cab.....I have owned her slightly longer than my system.....a different kind of music:cool:

Love to have a 356 someday. I hope one day I will have one. But Im still enjoying my 89 930. Saw pictures of your system they're classic already ( specially your D70).

Any more vintage/classic sports car owners in this forum? Specially vintage/classic Ferrari's & Porsche's ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing